noise from front Passenger side / failing GPS aerial

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jgra1

noise from front Passenger side / failing GPS aerial

Post by jgra1 »

hi all :-D

sorry for the twin post!

In recent days my X7 2.0 Hdi has been making a noise from something under the passenger side headlight.. it's hard to describe but some kind of leak or electrovalve maybe? any idea what lies beneath? It happens at any time, and maybe contributing to economy mode but I am not sure..

Also, I noticed my GPS stopped reading elevation a few months ago, and now gets confused with my location - I presume the aerial or wiring is suspect, where is the GPS receiver itself?

thanks as always,
John
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: noise from front Passenger side / failing GPS aerial

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The GPS receiver is built into the NG4 John. But, before doing anything else regarding the GPS, make sure you have turned OFF the Synchronise Time with GPS setting as this was required on the Harman units to counter the GPS N Week Rollover bug, which can cause positioning issues.

Not Sure about the other issue, but electrovalve noises can be from the EGR valve doing the self-cleaning check / anti-stick strategy when the ignition is switched off.
jgra1

Post by jgra1 »

thanks Marc..

Sync is turned off now, wasn't until recently.. now it appears greyed out anyway... I hadnt really noticed this setting until a few weeks ago, i think that's when I turned it off (my time was also a bit all over the place! still is)

Noise def coming from under the headlight, I may have a closer look and see what's in there, will grab a video maybe too :) (unless you have one of your top diagrams showing what could be down there? :)
It really only started a couple of weeks ago, never heard this before from this part of car)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You don't have directional headlamps so won't have the dynamic headlamp corrector unit - so still may be one of the headlamp adjustment motors if you can't identify anything else and it's coming from under the headlamp.

At night, aim the vehicle if you can against a wall and turn the headlamps on and with engine running, try forcefully sitting in the boot a few times and keeping an eye on the headlamp correction to see if it is adjusting ok.