DIY with function over finesse!!
-
mickthemaverick
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 21157
- Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
- x 8122
Re: DIY with function over finesse!!
Got the coping stones fitted on Wednesday and now just finished adding the last stones along the front edge. Looks better now than it ever did!!
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
-
myglaren
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 28713
- Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 13:30
- x 5672
Re: DIY with function over finesse!!
Ammo for the local scallies!
-
mickthemaverick
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 21157
- Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
- x 8122
Re: DIY with function over finesse!!
The waterfall is behind a locked gate Steve so they'll have to work for it! 
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
-
Skull
- (Donor 2026)
- Posts: 1382
- Joined: 02 Aug 2013, 13:35
- x 381
.DIY with function over finesse!!.
This is going to be my last big DIY job for my Daughter ...the fully tiled shower room was (imo) the best finished room in the house but she want a makeover so I've convinced her to let me do a partial makeover and save a few grand ...
Shower tray removed and the bonding resin and sub floor put up a fight, just so I can tap into the water feeds for a short bath (1400mm) (she loves a bath)
This is what greeted me .... butchered joists re-inforced
with chipboard and plywood, builders rubble/offcuts and plastic speedfit connections
I'm ignoring the state under there and am just going to join on but I don't think I've ever used speedfit fittings before
Wish me luck
Shower tray removed and the bonding resin and sub floor put up a fight, just so I can tap into the water feeds for a short bath (1400mm) (she loves a bath)
This is what greeted me .... butchered joists re-inforced
I'm ignoring the state under there and am just going to join on but I don't think I've ever used speedfit fittings before
Wish me luck
My 4th Citroën Xantia (X2 HDi (110))
My 5th Citroën sAXo Memphis Mk II
Xantia x3 (2.0i TCT Activa)(2.1 TD SX)(1.9 TD Estate)
Xsara HDi VTR Coupe / Saxo 1.1i / BX 1.9 d / 4 x AX's (1.1i / 1.4D / 1.5D)
Gary
My 5th Citroën sAXo Memphis Mk II
Xantia x3 (2.0i TCT Activa)(2.1 TD SX)(1.9 TD Estate)
Xsara HDi VTR Coupe / Saxo 1.1i / BX 1.9 d / 4 x AX's (1.1i / 1.4D / 1.5D)
Gary
-
OnlinePaulC5
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 2631
- Joined: 06 Jun 2023, 15:26
- x 685
DIY with function over finesse!!
First time I came across a speedfit type of fitting was a student rented house and it had come loose so the kitchen floor was flooded. Important to check they are fitted correctly especially if hidden.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55087
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: .DIY with function over finesse!!.
Good work Gary 
That looks a bit like my bathroom did when they gutted it!
No need to worry
That looks a bit like my bathroom did when they gutted it!
I was very dubious about them first time I ever encountered them but generally they are bloody excellent... My house now has a lot both in my bathroom and on the new central heating. Touch-wood, never a problem.
No need to worry
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
John Pankhurst
- (Donor 2026)
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 12 Mar 2026, 11:57
- x 44
Re: DIY with function over finesse!!
I've used them once when installing a shower cubicle. Really awkward access to the under floor connections for normal copper fittings but the speedfit worked out well.
-
Sloppysod
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 1528
- Joined: 23 May 2015, 23:35
- x 396
Re: DIY with function over finesse!!
Only ever used copper push fit connectors, because my gas bottle run out and could not get a replacement - it was my Dads!
Seen a few plastic pipe installations with sagging pipes, if I were to use it I would add as many clips as possible or even a (as well) a support batton.
And why the elbow.?
Seen a few plastic pipe installations with sagging pipes, if I were to use it I would add as many clips as possible or even a (as well) a support batton.
And why the elbow.?
Stu 
"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
-
Skull
- (Donor 2026)
- Posts: 1382
- Joined: 02 Aug 2013, 13:35
- x 381
Re: DIY with function over finesse!!
I think it was to get the cold pipe below the shower tray, in that corner but there’s also a large chunk of joist missing in that area and a brick missing from the interior wall where I presume the original bath waste pipe went to a hopper outside. Which I will use to run the new bath waste through and tidy up the exterior scab of cement …hopefully I can alter that to take some tension off that area ….
My 4th Citroën Xantia (X2 HDi (110))
My 5th Citroën sAXo Memphis Mk II
Xantia x3 (2.0i TCT Activa)(2.1 TD SX)(1.9 TD Estate)
Xsara HDi VTR Coupe / Saxo 1.1i / BX 1.9 d / 4 x AX's (1.1i / 1.4D / 1.5D)
Gary
My 5th Citroën sAXo Memphis Mk II
Xantia x3 (2.0i TCT Activa)(2.1 TD SX)(1.9 TD Estate)
Xsara HDi VTR Coupe / Saxo 1.1i / BX 1.9 d / 4 x AX's (1.1i / 1.4D / 1.5D)
Gary