C5 2.2 204hp 2012 DPF temp sensor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mrpedersen38
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: Citroen C5 x7 Exclusive 2012 2.2 HDI 204hp Aut.

Past:
Citroën C5 x7 2010 2.0 HDI 140hp (Sold)

C5 2.2 204hp 2012 DPF temp sensor

Post by mrpedersen38 »

Hello.

i have a small/big problem with my exhaust system.

The OE 1618 sensor on the Particulate filter is dead.
i ordered a new OEM matching part from autodoc, but they are not completely identical.

The old sensor on the car is slightly different to the new part i got, BUT OEM numbers match.

the wire is physically WAY to short, but i can cut it and solder it so it could fit.
A picture of the old and new sensor is attached.
They both "protrude" the same length into the DPF, Only the tip is different, same length though.

will the new sensor work or not?
Does anyone have experience with this?
The Numbers match, and it fits perfectly into the DPF.

I Also have a weird behavior on my Automatic transmission.
SOMETIMES, when standing a red light in "D", when the light turns green and i let go "Slow and fast" from the brake pedal, the car SLAMS into gear. as if im rear ended.
Only sometimes, and can be fixed by restarting the car, or sometimes just shifting into Park fixes it.
The Transmission was flushed with liqui Moly 60k KM ago, and rode/riding Perfectly, and is still shifting Nice and Smooth. Only the engaging from standstill can be rough.
occasionally downshifting at mid RPM from 5th to 4th is noticeable.
any ideas?
Attachments
New sensor from autodoc.JPEG
Old sensor, From google..jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C5 2.2 204hp 2012 DPF temp sensor

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The OEM part number is often used for references by aftermarket suppliers - but in no way indicates the same quality as the OEM - you will find variants in price and quality. You can't beat an OEM part if you want 100% quality and a guaranteed fit for replacement.

As for the gearbox - I would certainly not recommend you use Liquid Moly or any other additive in these gearboxes! Just make sure you are using the correct oil either AW1 or JWS 3309 depending on your engine Euro 4 or 5 legislative standards.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
mrpedersen38

Past:

Post by mrpedersen38 »

Soo the sensor is a maybe will it work or? :) looking away from original parts. i'm not pinning anyone down if you say it works and it doesn't. i just want other peoples point of view before butchering the wires. ( https://www.autodoc.dk/fispa/13962538 ) im also thinking about crocodile clips on the pins and the wires to test. the old sensor reports random temps when driving and with engine idling 20c - 800c.
I know OEM is 95% of the time the best option, there's just a 120£ price difference, i can still return the new sensor , but don't want to pay over 200£ incl. tax for it. (Got it for 83€) i may have to though.
Have you seen it used before? in my eye's it's just a NTC resistor at the tip.
I'm just afraid that OEM numbers from autodoc is incorrect and not matching.

The gearbox was only flushed with the correct Oil, no additives added.
The machine used was liqui moly branded, and oil liqui moly branded. (Liqui moly Top Tec ATF 1800 20 Liters flush. They even provided warranty, all numbers matching.)
Got the oil super cheap since it's my brothers repair shop.
Liqui moly states it replaces the AW1 oil.
Euro 5 engine :)
Maybe a dying solenoid?
Perhaps the Torque converter bypass pressure modulation solenoid? (refering to: viewtopic.php?t=63744 )
and ever since using liqui moly (4200 or 4310) in my engine im never going back, it runs so quiet and smooth compared to castrol.

It's shifting perfectly through all the gears and has no slip at all, only the random hard engagement from standstill.
the only Hate i have with the transmission is early shifting, 6th gear at 80km/h (50 mph) @ 1100 rpm. Not good for the DPF :( i've tried 4 other C5's with the same transmission and they shift that early as well.... extremely stupid, is it even possible to alter that?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

We can help with official part numbers specifically for your vehicle, but as this info is chargeable now from PSA, we ask members for a £10 min. Forum donation, which will cover you for up to 2 years of parts info and parts diagrams - so excellent value. If interested, pop your VIN up and see the details below for info and links:
A response to your question by a Forum Admin will require detailed vehicle information that requires you to have made a current contribution to the Forum.
Donate

Further Information

Marc
mrpedersen38

Past:

Post by mrpedersen38 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 15 Jul 2021, 09:45 We can help with official part numbers specifically for your vehicle, but as this info is chargeable now from PSA, we ask members for a £10 min. Forum donation, which will cover you for up to 2 years of parts info and parts diagrams - so excellent value. If interested, pop your VIN up and see the details below for info and links:
A response to your question by a Forum Admin will require detailed vehicle information that requires you to have made a current contribution to the Forum.
Donate

Further Information
i will definitely donate the £10 next month, this forum have been really helpful and fun :) , but i already have the correct part info from my brothers shop, we also have found the right sensor, only 2-3x the price to the one i have "Wrong" maybe, so im wating to order.
So you don't have to look it up, i only want to hear if anyone know if it might work, as said i can still return it, IF i don't cut the wires.
Numbers match, only wire length and "Design" of the part is different.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No problem - the option is there for future should you need it and cannot find any historical information on the Forum already. :wink:

Marc