Original reversing camera for RT6 - Citroen C5 X7 2015

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Re: Original reversing camera for RT6 - Citroen C5 X7 2015

Post by vborovic »

That's the route I took ... a quite expensive one, those interfaces are roughly 250 €
alx6ths
My Cars: C5 III (X7) 2.2 HDi 204k (150kW) Tourer

Post by alx6ths »

yeah, iam aware of this video interfaces, but that is the last option if the original camera project fails :)
I like this one: http://www.carvision.nl/index.php?item= ... 16&lang=EN
Although iam not sure with compatibility with my RT6 in this case. But their camera with adjustable parking lines is briliant :)
Libor
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

It is compatible with the RT6, because the RT4 & RT5 (which are listed as compatible) use the same architecture
alx6ths

Post by alx6ths »

vborovic wrote:That's the route I took ... a quite expensive one, those interfaces are roughly 250 €
Could you share the one you are using and have the experience with? You also have the RT6 right?

I still hope that I will succeed with original camera, but I already have doubts :)
Libor
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

I got mine from car-solutions.com, you can find it easily by selecting the brand and model on the left side ... and I have the genuine camera ... the picture quality is acceptable, although I get interference (horizontal lines), that worsen with water/mist (especially on rainy days ... something to do with earthing, never managed to improve it)
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I wonder what would happen if you used a couple of ferrite cylinders (one at each end) on the cable for the camera? It might help cut down the interference.

Something like this;

http://wonderfulengineering.com/ever-wo ... ry-solved/

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wholesale-UK- ... SwnNBXYoqM
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Believe me, I've tried almost every know electrical trick in the book (including the magnets), nothing helped ... I've even tried with ground loop isolators, RCA video amplifiers and whatnot (both passive and active) ... the end result was no image displayed ... the only thing I haven't tried is with a higher quality video cable, but since the original camera wires from the connector aren't of higher quality, this wouldn't help one bit ... how they managed to solve the problem with the original wiring, I don't know
alx6ths

Re: Original reversing camera for RT6 - Citroen C5 X7 RT6

Post by alx6ths »

GiveMeABreak wrote: I would certainly get your firmware updated first though - always a good idea.
Hi, a little update. I have flashed the latest firmware 2.86 B1 with no changes in this matter.
My doubts getting deeper :(
Libor
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Original reversing camera for RT6 - Citroen C5 X7 RT6

Post by GiveMeABreak »

alx6ths wrote:
GiveMeABreak wrote: I would certainly get your firmware updated first though - always a good idea.
Hi, a little update. I have flashed the latest firmware 2.86 B1 with no changes in this matter.
My doubts getting deeper :(
As Vab says - it seems there were a few hardware revision to this unit and you obviously must have one of the earlier ones then. Never mind, at least you got the firmware update completed which is a plus. :-D
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

The newer RT6 firmware only has impact on the hybrid vehicles I believe, for the additional battery charging/state page, along with some stability issues cured, which in case you didn't have them in the first place, goes unnoticed
nigelrobson

Post by nigelrobson »

Hi, jumping in a bit later to this thread.
Just bought a C5 estate MkII (2010 ) and have no parking sensors or camera. Finding it hard and have had a few near misses!! :-)

Found this camera system and although expensive looks like it may work, just not sure if I can justify it....
http://www.carcommunications.co.uk/car- ... rse-camera
.... any comments ? I am still a bit confused about RT numbers but think I have RT4. no wiring as far as I can see and the aux inputs in the glove compartment are only audio with no "yellow" AV RCA socket.

Also I wondered if the estate is different for the wiring loom because of the larger hanging down rear door?

Thanks for any hints in advance

Nigel
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Personally, I wouldn't touch that with the proverbial barge pole! You can buy complete wireless kits for 10% of the silly prices that site is asking. Here's just one example - and at least you see exactly what you are getting in the kit and with instructions - the other site doesn't provide anything.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WIRELESS-CAR- ... SwwbdWLfpr
You will still need to take a feed from both ends. It is highly unlikely (as per this and other similar threads) that you will be able to just plug the other kit in and expect it to work. Here's a non- wireless one that another member did:
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=52248 but prices have come down again since he did this with more options to choose in the marketplace.

Something like this might be an alternative and easier solution.

Regarding the Estate or Tourer version - a bit confusing as you've already said that you have bought the estate, so not sure what you are referring to as a comparison. There may well be a difference in the looms between models as there will be parking sensors, electric tailgate close and lift / camera, tpms aerial etc. that might not be in place. But with regards to a reversing camera - that's another reason why you might consider the monitor over the interior rear view mirror option - as some actually replace the mirror like Ace's setup in the linked post.

Marc
nigelrobson

Post by nigelrobson »

Very good Marc, can't tell you how helpful this is. I see also that going for a mirror video does away with the necessity of rear bleeping sensors too. And you are right , the price difference is amazing.
As for the estate question (was thinking more difference of saloon or estate) I see now elsewhere that the wiring for the camera doesn't need to go to the tailgate but the camera can be bumper mounted and wiring connected to the reverse cabling in the inside the car not needing wires into the tailgate. :-)

The only thing that bothers me about the example you mentioned with auto dimming lcd mirror and camera http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=52248 , is the fixing bracket. Mine, unlike the example, is already an auto dimming mirror and doesn't seem (as far as I can make out) to have the same bracket fixing. However if I clarify that I am quite tempted by that option - seems stylistically similar to the original but of course the wiring might be challenging.

Thanks a lot for your comments. If you can point me to a resource that might show the fixings for my existing auto dimming mirror I'd be delighted.
best wishes
Nigel
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Nigel - the following pics should give you some idea of the fitting. From what you've said, I'm assuming you have the electrochrome mirror. If that's the case, then it will have a shell in 2 halves as per the picture below that need to be carefully prised apart (the plastic lugs are delicate). After that, you can carefully disconnect the wiring plug for the rain and brightness sensor (but whatever you do don't remove the sensor pad from the windscreen, or you may up with air bubbles behind it, reducing functionality & they're £240+ a pop!) The mirror itself is removed by tilting it forwards (direction 'C') in the second picture. You should be able to see the type of fixing now.
Shell.png
Mirror Base.png
Mirror Fixings.png
Failing that - you could go for one of the clip-over types which attach to the existing mirror and only activate when you engage the reverse gear; when not in use it provides a larger viewing ange as I think it's a 7" monitor type.

Marc
wfdTamar
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2015 Citroen C5 LE (150 kw)
2008 Skoda Octavia 4x4
2002 Hymer Classic B584 (in the UK)

Post by wfdTamar »

Old thread, but seems one of the most complete on the subject. I have a 2015 C5 with RT6 which when I got it had a third party camera which works, but has a slightly fuzzy image (possibly water in it). I bought what I thought was the same camera off Aliexpress, but it doesn't work (just black screen when in reverse).

Either the camera is the wrong spec, or you need to tell the car you've changed the camera (would seem unlikely).

So does anyone know what the spec of the camera needs to be or maybe the resolution of the RT6 screen?

I got an AHD B camera which has either AHD 720p or CVBS 600p resolution. They have another which is CVBS CCD 800x600 resolution. I'm wondering if that might work. It might also depend on the box that controls it (I've seen some that have dip switches).
2015 C5 Limited Edition (2.2 HDI) 150 kW 450Nm (Racechip S 179kW 528Nm)