[C5 X7] 3D printed under-radio cubby conversion with cup holder and port relocation

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

the-termin8r
Donor 2023

[C5 X7] 3D printed under-radio cubby conversion with cup holder and port relocation

Post by the-termin8r »

Hi everyone,

I've been working on this on and off for the past 6-ish months. I designed it for myself and my specific use case, but I figured there was no reason not to share. I know the guy that runs the Comfortable Car Club Youtube channel recently released his own design. Mine is not meant to compete with that and I'm not looking to step on anyone's toes.

Unfortunately, the folder is too large to upload here, so I've posted it to my Google Drive.

The quick summary:
- Designed for standard coke cans and anything of that size.
- Designed for lidded cubbies. It won't work on the lid-less ones as they have a differnet internal footprint.
- It's a port relocation as well.
- I've tried to keep it as compact as possible, but you can still knock it if you change gear too vigorously.
- Works with an opened or closed ashtray.
- Does not work with large paper cups like a 500ml Costa
- Multiple design variants, but I've only explicity tested the one with ports on the left, a cup holder and a hole on the right at the back.
- I've included STL files for printing and IGES files for anyone that wants to modify anything. All I ask is that you don't sell anything or take credit for the originals if you do modify something.
- I've also included a detailed instruction document with parts lists and other info.
- Assembly required, you'll also need to provide your own hardware.

- Rob

My account accidentally got deleted late Dec '23, so if you're reading my posts from then or earlier and they look weird / are missing media, that's why. Not much can be done, sorry.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Re: [C5 X7] 3D printed under-radio cubby conversion with cup holder and port relocation

Post by Stickyfinger »

What happens when you change gear ?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
the-termin8r
Donor 2023

Re: [C5 X7] 3D printed under-radio cubby conversion with cup holder and port relocation

Post by the-termin8r »

If you do it sensibly or don't have some bizarre grip, it should be mostly fine. You might knock it if you're a bit too vigorous. I've tried to keep it as compact as possible. To the point where the can actually touches the edge of the lid. I can't move it any further inwards. There's not much space to work with in the first place unfortunately. I can't speak to how it'll fare with an auto in park.
- Rob

My account accidentally got deleted late Dec '23, so if you're reading my posts from then or earlier and they look weird / are missing media, that's why. Not much can be done, sorry.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

I fitted a flip down type to the passenger side of the center console .....away from the electrics :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
the-termin8r
Donor 2023

Post by the-termin8r »

That's fair, I'm just not a fan of random eye-sores in the interior. Funnily enough, I don't even drive around with open drinks, my bottle stays in the door pocket. It just bothered me that the car doesn't have a proper front cup holder and I've had to tell more than one passenger that they'd have to hold on to their drink. Like I said, this was designed more for myself, it was never meant to be a general purpose design for others to use. I'm only sharing it because I figured someone might find some small value in it.
- Rob

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

Don't get me wrong....I like it.....but with the Auto I could never of had it.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider