DS5 no ignition key not detected

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Cruiser786

DS5 no ignition key not detected

Post by Cruiser786 »

Hey guys I have a citroen DS5 style 2.0 hdi manual 2014 ,when keys inserted into key reader I push the start button & i get no response no ignition nothing the remote locks the doors but nothing on the speedo not even a key not recognised or any lights what so ever.
Check pic for fault codes picked up ,any ideas would be appreciated ,I've checked all the fuses changed the key reader and alarm ecu module I havnt changed the adml cemo bml ecu relay module.
Attachments
20220718_174401.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DS5 no ignition key not detected

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Unfortunately, you seem to be missing some of the fault code. There is usually another 2 numbers on the end which provide more information as to which system or sub-component is faulty. Your diagnostic kit may not be able to read the codes.

The only vague information I have is a supply fault to the reader:

B100C 1C Electronic steering lock supply fault. This means there is a supply fault, so it is not going to work, so won't recognise the fob.
U1F00 00 Event not recorded fault. This means the BSI has not received specific information from the ECU that recorded a fault, so it can't tell you anything else.

So needs further investigation as to where the supply fault is.

The first thing I would check is Fuse F9 in the engine fuse box. Then check Fuse F8 in the BSI.

These may help with checking your wiring connections...

Electronic Steering Lock

AE00: electric steering lock
PSF1: engine compartment fusebox panel
BSI1: BSI

Electronic Key Reader

8239: hands-free access and starting electronic key reader
8235: engine starting switch
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Cruiser786

Post by Cruiser786 »

Thanks bro appreciate your time and diagrams i think I have another screen shot of the codes what you think of these ,I will try and get a different diagnostics on the car and report back with the codes
Attachments
20220718_172108.jpg
Cruiser786

Post by Cruiser786 »

Seems like I have no communication with electronic key reader ,alarm ecu and hands free kit ecu which i have tried 2nd hand units but to no avail
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I have a little more info on a couple of those faults:

If you haven't changed any configuration with your diagnostic tool in the BSI or elsewhere, then there may be an issue with the low speed CAN data network.
Fault Code: U1F35 87
Description of Fault: _absence of communication with the electronic key reader. Absence of communication with the electronic key reader (For 2 seconds).
Conditions for Fault to clear: Communication with the electronic key reader (For 2 seconds).
Downgrade Modes whilst Fault is active: -
Symptoms:
  • Problem with starting if the vehicle is fitted only with a combustion engine
  • Problem with activating of the power unit if the vehicle is fitted with a hybrid engine
Suspect Areas:
  • Configuration of the BSI
  • Supply of the electronic key reader
  • Earth of the electronic key reader
  • CAN network
  • Electrical harness
  • Electronic key reader

Fault Code: U1F30 87
Description of Fault: _absence of communication with the hands-free unit. Absence of communication with the hands-free control unit (For 2 seconds).
Conditions for Fault to clear: Communication with the hands-free control unit (For 2 seconds).
Downgrade Modes whilst Fault is active: Hands-free remote control present in the electronic key reader
- Starting possible if the vehicle has not got a hybrid drive chain
- Activation of the power unit if the vehicle has a hybrid drive chain
Symptoms:
  • Problem with hands-free starting if the vehicle has a combustion engine only
  • Problem with actioning the power train in hands-free, if the vehicle has a hybrid power train
  • Impossible to lock/unlock the vehicle in "hands-free" mode
Suspect Areas:
  • Built-in Systems Interface configuration
  • Supply of the hands-free control unit
  • Earth of the hands-free control unit
  • CAN network
  • Electrical harness
  • Hands-free control unit

Marc
Cruiser786

Post by Cruiser786 »

Thanks Marc you're very helpful, ok so is the ADML unit located behind the BSI the hands free unit?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

Have you checked for power and earth at the key reader?
Richard W
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Cruiser786 wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 11:42 Thanks Marc you're very helpful, ok so is the ADML unit located behind the BSI the hands free unit?
Hands Free Reader
DS5 Key Reader A.PNG
ADML Location
DS5 Hands Free Unit.PNG
Although this shows left hand drive it will be in the same place - inside the passenger glove box near the BSI somewhere.

Marc
Cruiser786

Post by Cruiser786 »

Right so I have already replaced the key reader im assuming its not configured and is plug n play this made no difference & yes the ADML unit is behind the BSI.
There is a live/earth feed coming to all the modules.
Marc do you know if the DS5 should display key not detected on the dashboard as I get nothing ,pressing the start button only wakes the BSI up & the park brake light illuminates on the dash this happens with out the key even there
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's not plug and play as such, the following parameters need configuring or checking that they are correct as shown below. All values with (2) must not be changed and must reflect what is shown in the table on this vehicle.
Configuration parametersValued to be configuredComments
Maintained press functionFunction activated(2)
Hands-free presence of the rear door handlesUnlocking and locking(2)
Hands-free presence of the front left door handleUnlocking and locking(2)
Hands-free presence of the front right door handleUnlocking and locking(2)
Presence of a boot unlocking controlabsent(2)
Presence of driver selectivityFunction present(2)
Presence of the boot internal aerialAerial present(2)
Presence of the boot external aerialAerial present(2)
Type of child safetyElectric child safety(2)

So once you have confirmed that the unit is the correct part number for the vehicle and that the parameters are correct, you do need to make sure the earth and power are there as Richard mentioned and as detaile dinthe fault code list I put up as possible symptoms.

Marc
Cruiser786

Post by Cruiser786 »

Thanks Marc cant thank you enough for your help im gona get my local indy to hook is peugeot planet up & report back thanks dude your awesome
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

He'll need Diagbox for this vehicle (PP2000 is for Peugeot and Lexia is the older software for vehicles around 2007/8 and earlier). If he has Diagbox, then it will launch the correct software automatically.

Marc
Cruiser786

Post by Cruiser786 »

Hes told me his diagnostics isn't working properly needs a week or 2 so I've ordered a diagbox myself will have a little mess around with it see if I can pick up on anything ,strange thing I've noticed the hazard lights don't flash when I lock/unlock the doors with the remote & the red led on the start button is illuminated dim where as i saw on another car it was quite bright beginning to think there may be a wiring issue
Cruiser786

Post by Cruiser786 »

Hey marc got some good news cars up and running again I stripped everything down used you're wiring diagram couldn't find anything suspect re checked all the fuses & lo & behold 1 fuse in the bsi was blown ,thanks for taking the time with your posts really appreciate it
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Well done on finding that - saved a few quid! - and thanks for the update. :wink:

Marc