C5 mk11 Suspension Cylinder Leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

micky707

C5 mk11 Suspension Cylinder Leak

Post by micky707 »

Hi guys, I need a replacement suspension cylinder unit for a 2006 C5 for the rear drivers side, uk, are the left and right identical units? my citroen mechanic has not been able to source a second hand one, any ideas. tia, mick

micky707

Re: C5 mk11 Suspension Cylinder Leak

Post by micky707 »

Would it be a better idea to rebuild original as this one is leaking?

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There are different versions depending on whether you have Hydractive 3 plus with auto adjustment or non-Hydractive and the left and right ones are different for each too.

If you want part numbers, please see below, but only the rear left, non-hydractive strut is currently available new from Citroen.
A response to your question by a Forum Admin will require detailed vehicle information that requires you to have made a current contribution to the Forum.
Donate

Further Information

micky707

Post by micky707 »

Thanks for the reply Marc, I did see a left side available, wasnt sure if they were the same though, Cheers

MGmike

Post by MGmike »

Micky,
Getting cylinders is becoming difficult and I guess a breaker is your best bet. I know someone breaking one local to me, let me know if you'd like me to enquire.
However, a DIY overhaul is not that difficult (i've done both of mine). You should be able to get seals from eurocarcare.net but there are different sizes for the reasons Marc mentions above (H3+ etc). There's also a very good chance the pipe will have rusted and break when attempting removal.

best of luck
MGmike

micky707

Post by micky707 »

Ok, thanks Mike, I had a new rubber boot fitted recently so pipe should be fine, Im thinking I'll probably get shot this year so maybe just live with it till then, It is Hydractive

Cheers, Micky

MGmike

Post by MGmike »

Micky,
The boot can be replaced without taking the cylinder off the car and therefore no need to remove the pipe.