Xantia - LHM leak at rear

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jaf

Xantia - LHM leak at rear

Post by Jaf »

Fred likes keeping me on my toes! I’ve a leak at the rear left, quite high up above and forward of the corner sphere. I hope to have a proper look at it at the weekend. I can see a collection of pipes and things that I don’t know go where. Is there anything known to fail? Thanks.

Pics to follow...

Jaf

Re: Xantia - LHM leak at rear

Post by Jaf »

IMG_20200930_141405.jpg
IMG_20200930_141620.jpg

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

You may find it's nothing more than the leakage return pipe has popped off the rear suspension cylinder bellows or a plastic leakage return junction (or joint) just above the subframe has split...

The point where the leak is visible is not necessarily the source ;) LHM enjoys travelling...

Jaf

Post by Jaf »

Thanks Jim, that gives me a starting point.

I’ve a weeping LHM pump (again) and a small leak where I disturbed the front accumulator pipes to deal with as well. I could right go off Fred, she’s forever dribbling. Oh yeah, the banjos to the fuel pump.

Bleurgh!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Jaf wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 17:48
I’ve a weeping LHM pump (again)
Maybe if you were kind to it and said some nice things and gave it some love every now and again it would stop weeping and be happy again ;) :lol:

A hydraulic Citroen that does not leak a little bit of LHM here and there just isn't right :)

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

If the LHM appears to be coming from above the subframe, you can get access to inspect (and possibly repair) by jacking up the car and removing the subframe LH mounting bolts with a jack supporting the subframe, then you can lower that side of the subframe a couple of inches without disturbing the exhaust.