C5 HDI Exclusive Electronic Handbrake

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

steven77

C5 HDI Exclusive Electronic Handbrake

Unread post by steven77 »

Hi all, looking for some help recently purchased a C5 needed new calipers and when the garage was installing ( national tyres) they snapped the handbrake cable so need to get a new unit

Can anyone confirm of it's possible just to get the cable changed? Or is it a complete unit? Or anywhere to be repaired?

I found one through a breaker for 200 but don't know how I can check if it would fit my car ( is this something Citroen could do through the vin numbers ?

Thanks in advance for help

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C5 HDI Exclusive Electronic Handbrake

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

The cables are not available separately and a new unit is about £1015.00 inc. VAT ex. fitting.

Bad move taking it to these people - obviously not familiar with the system, The electronic handbrake system needs to be put into removal mode prior to replacing the calipers and that is a likely reason why they snapped the cables I suspect.

In any case, they mucked it up - they should have insurance against this sort of thing - so get them to have it done properly at a dealership and pickup the bill. I would not get involved with doing anything yourself at this point or they could use that to deny culpability.

steven77

Thanks, that's my problem though as I driver the car out of the garage already. They said they did but have no way of proving it

I found a second hand unit for 200 but don't know if it would fit ( and don't want to buy without confirming ) just wondered if anyone else had experience with this before

steven77

Would really appreciate if anyone could help point me in the direction of somewhere I could have Von numbers cross referenced on the handbrake units to see if an aftermarket unit would fit

jgra1

Unread post by jgra1 »

I cant help Steven, but agree a second hand unit is the way to go.. 1015 plus fitting is probably more than my x7 is worth ;)

someone will help with part numbers

John

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

We can supply you with the correct PSA part number for your vehicle, please see below:
A response to your question by a forum admin will require detailed vehicle information that requires you to have made a current contribution to the Forum.
Donate

Further Information