Peugeot 3008 Hybrid RT6 not booting.

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

AlamSAsif
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 Diesel Hybrid 2013.

Peugeot 3008 Hybrid RT6 not booting.

Post by AlamSAsif »

Hi. I am new to this forum. I bought used car couple of weeks ago. Everything was fine until I was installing the dash cam and doing some cleanig in the car. The doors and boot was open for long time. After setting up everything and when I start my car the mileage is converted into km and the centre console screen is shows logo and then blank. The fan sound is coming from the cd player for a second and then stop. Just the logo flash on the screen in 5 seconds. I think the battery was too low and it damage the firmware of my cd player. My car is Peugeot 3008 Diesel Hybrid4 2013. The VIN number is : VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]. I already order 16GB micro SD card and the software disk d
For cd player from Peugeot. I think it's RT6. I also install the diagbox on my laptop and I already have the interface which I already use with my old 307 with PP2000 few years ago.

I also attach the sticker from the top of my player.

I don't know what version was installed and what year map installed.

Guys please help me to restore my cd player and please guide me.

Thanks
Shah
Attachments
IMG_20200223_163359.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Peugeot 3008 Hybrid RT6 not booting.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Shah

So you do have an RT6.

So what actually happened? Have you attempted to update the firmware? If not, a weak battery can cause issues.

The first thing I suggest you do is a full BSI reset:

BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure

Make sure you follow the timings properly - there are sections specific for vehicles with Stop & Start technology, which you do have.

I would plan accordingly, so that you can follow the part to remove the battery and before the reconnection part, give it a proper charge overnight, then follow the part to reconnect it.

You should be able to lock the vehicle using the key once you have the battery removed. The passenger door should have a lock tht you can use the key on to lock. As for the rear doors, in the picture below, there is a little tab shown at 'g'. You can insert the key in here and turn it to lock the rear doors manually.
3008 Rear Door.PNG
Once you have refitted the battery and followed the reconnection part, allow at least 5 minutes for the RT6 to restart itself. Then let us know what is and isn't working.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
AlamSAsif
(Donor 2020)

Post by AlamSAsif »

Thank you for your reply. No I didn't try to update it. I will receive my firmware cd tomorrow. I will follow the reset process tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks
AlamSAsif
(Donor 2020)

Post by AlamSAsif »

Hi. One question. In BSI reset procedure it is advise to remove the negative terminal. In my car I am unable to reach to negative terminal because it is on the back of battery and I had to remove the battery for that. I can easily disconnect the positive terminal. Is it ok if I disconnect the positive terminal instead of negative terminal. Thanks
AlamSAsif
(Donor 2020)

Post by AlamSAsif »

Hi. I follow the BSI reset procedure and charge the battery as well. I have smart charger for AMG batteries and It shows 100% then I reconnect the battery and follow the procedure but the issue is still same. RT6 unable to boot. Just logo flashes on screen and fan noise after every 5 seconds. Please advise. Thanks and regards Shah.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, I've been out and just got back.

So assuming you've got a fully charged battery, do you know what the existing firmware version is? I think it would be better to try and insert the current firmware source first for the existing version you already have installed on the RT6, rather than compound the problem by introducing a new firmware. A newer firmware, especially the latest 2.8* version already brings problems as it is a major update and will also reset the ECU parameters to default values. You really don't want to have to deal with those issues as well as the underlying problems you have.

I suspect that the internal SD card may be damaged or the files on it have become damaged, causing the boor problems - so you can either try and boot the unit from your existing firmware version first and see if that can resolve the file problem. If not, then there is the replacing of the internal SD card procedure described in this topic here (but you will need to find your your original firmware version first).

viewtopic.php?t=63227

If that does not resolve matters, then you will either have to try the update with the CD version you get from the dealer and see if that works. If it does, then the dealer will need to download the ECU configuration again for you - if it does not work, then it looks like you will need to send it off for a repair.

Marc
AlamSAsif
(Donor 2020)

Post by AlamSAsif »

Thanks for the reply Marc. I don't know about the current firmware because I bought this car couple of weeks ago and didn't check the version.

The old owner did give me 2 usb stick with activation code and instructions how to update. One USB is Europe Map 2019 and the other is Alarm 2019.

Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Those will be the 'Risk Areas' POI update and the latest Map files. Again, I wouldn't attempt to install those whilst you know there is a booting issue - not that you would be able to at present until you can get it booting up. It's likely that the boot loader files have become corrupt or damaged and this is why it can't get past the splash screen.

At this stage though, you have nothing to lose - if you can't boot the unit, it is not much good - so you could try the SD card replacement - which is cheap enough for the cost of an SD card - and if not, well at least you have the card you can use elsewhere or keep in case you do need it, which leaves the last option of a repair.

Your car was built on the 25th April 2013, so if you think about it, that SD card has been in almost constant operation for 7 years this April. These flash cards will ultimately fail though as they can only be written to so many times.

Marc
AlamSAsif
(Donor 2020)

Post by AlamSAsif »

You are right Marc. I think this is the best option at the moment. I already ordered 16GB SD card and it arrived as well. Can I try with the 16GB SD card or it have to be 8GB? Are you able to help me to configure the correct settings in ECU after the 2.8 update? Thanks
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Just a thought, Marc. I don't have one of these systems (but that isn't to say I won't in the future). Is it possible to back up a working card so that (if it were to fail in the future) a new card can be created and used?
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The issue is Shah, that even updating the RT6 firmware to 2.8*with a fully working system - the firmware 99% of the time will reset the ECU parameters and lock them into secure mode. This means even with Diagbox, we can't override the parameters to get the settings back. That would normally be no problem, as I can tell you what to programme back in - but from recent cases, the ECU is locked down, and usually required the dealer to re-download the ECU config from your VIN to get everything back. They would also need to apply the Bluetooth Calibration file that is needed after this update (due to Bluetooth echo feedback heard from callers when on phone calls).

So my first suggestion is to get your Firmware CD, then undertake the SD card replacement and allow the firmware to rebuild and partition the SD card and reload the operating system files. See if that at least gets you back to the unit starting again. If it does, great, then all you need to do is book it into the dealers for a half hour diagnostic - to download the RT6 ECU parameters and apply the Bluetooth Calibration file for you.

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 29 Feb 2020, 16:59 Just a thought, Marc. I don't have one of these systems (but that isn't to say I won't in the future). Is it possible to back up a working card so that (if it were to fail in the future) a new card can be created and used?
Not really James, as the card is partitioned by the system internally using the QNX system. Once these cards are attempted to be copied outside, there are invariably problems with them once they are reintroduced into the units. Probably incompatibilities with the file systems and of course hidden files that Macs and Windows use are also left on the cards that cause problems.

From experience, I've found that is is always best to allow the Head Unit OS to recreate the partitions whenever replacing the storage media.

Marc
AlamSAsif
(Donor 2020)

Post by AlamSAsif »

Thanks Marc. Is the car driveable if the firmware lock the ECU? and am I ok to use the 16GB SD card? I am removing the RT6 from the car. Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, you can drive the vehicle fine - just remember you won't have parking assistance! :-D

Marc
AlamSAsif
(Donor 2020)

Post by AlamSAsif »

Just change the SD card and put the cd into RT6 and start the car with economy mode off. I can hear the CD is running but nothing on the display. Fingers crossed... I will update you the result. Thanks