Heater Issue - Xsara

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dave_xsara
Donor 2021

Heater Issue - Xsara

Post by dave_xsara »

This is something that doesn't really bother me, but from reading another thread, it seems like something I could easily fix.
Problem is that heater speed #3 does not work for each fresh or re-circulated air. #1, #2 & #4 all work as expected.

From the other threads this problem is slightly different, as they report only a single speed is operational. Does this affect the potential cause of my problem?
Like I said, if it was something relatively straightforward, I'll have a bash at it, otherwise I can live with it.

The illumination light for this part of the dash doesn't work either - a smack on the side of the console usually puts it on again, but this is a separate issue.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Heater Issue - Xsara

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Given what you mentioned about the lighting too, I would be leaning towards an internal fault of the heater control panel.
Xsara Heater Control Panel.PNG
Taking it apart and giving it a clean up of the contacts may solve the problem - you could also replace the lighting bulb at the same time (shown as 4 in the diagram (1.2W))
dave_xsara
Donor 2021

Post by dave_xsara »

Okay - might try that.
I should have said that position #3 provides the same output as #2 instead of it not blowing.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Sounds like the track on the speed dial - but costs nothing to try and clean it up in case it is a contact problem.