2002 PICASSO HEATER BLOWER PROBLEMS

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

harry2111
New User

2002 PICASSO HEATER BLOWER PROBLEMS

Post by harry2111 »

Hi

I know there have been other posts about this but have reached my wits end with the non-functioning heater blower. It is a '02 xsara picasso, with climate control.

The blower stopped working all together. I have replaced the blower motor (which is the 2 plug version with built in resistor) and the wiring from the ignition. There is power getting to the motor but it still doesn't work.

Is there anything else in the circuit that would stop it from working - all I can think of now is the control panel on the central dash.

Please help !!!
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: 2002 PICASSO HEATER BLOWER PROBLEMS

Post by Peter.N. »

The control system supplies a voltage that operates the regulator in the motor, if that voltage is missing the motor won't run - if its that same motor as the XM that is. If you have a plug with one thin wire, try connecting it to earth, that should sting the motor into action.

You can connect a meter to the thin wire and check the voltage when you vary the fan speed control, it should read about zero to three volts.

Peter
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: 2002 PICASSO HEATER BLOWER PROBLEMS

Post by Lighty »

Early Picasso's suffer with ignition switch failure, there is a red spur wire, that plugs into the bsi with a black connector. Check that this is live.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami