1999 Peugeot boxer help

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
TomTomA
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Sep 2026, 12:50

1999 Peugeot boxer help

Unread post by TomTomA »

Hi,
My oil vapour hose has a slight split at the top and needa replaced. I believe the OEM number was 1192E1. For the life of me I can't find this anywhere and my mot is due. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction. It does leak a bit of oil so it will fail the MOT.

Thanks in advance.
Tom
Attachments
IMG_20260925_162353.jpg
IMG_20260925_154103.jpg
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 21138
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 8119

Re: 1999 Peugeot boxer help

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

You should be able to seal it with self amalgamating tape to get through the MOT and then replace it when you can find one! :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
penners11
Donor 2024
Posts: 12
Joined: 11 Oct 2021, 20:38
x 5

Re: 1999 Peugeot boxer help

Unread post by penners11 »

What is the red wire for zipped tied to the pipe? I may have very similar I got for a Xantia years ago but never fitted it.
It's not exact, it looks like the ends are different sizes, correct me if I'm wrong. The pipe I have (if I can find it) both ends are different sizes. As mick says, you should be able to seal it temporarily with the tape.
TomTomA
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Sep 2026, 12:50

Re: 1999 Peugeot boxer help

Unread post by TomTomA »

mickthemaverick wrote: 30 Sep 2026, 17:10 You should be able to seal it with self amalgamating tape to get through the MOT and then replace it when you can find one! :)
Hi mickthemaverick,

Thanks for this but with the split being at the very end of the pipe I am unsure if it will hold. I will definitely give it a try though. Smart, I never thought on that so thanks again. Much appreciated 👍🏻
Last edited by TomTomA on 03 Oct 2026, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
TomTomA
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Sep 2026, 12:50

Re: 1999 Peugeot boxer help

Unread post by TomTomA »

penners11 wrote: 01 Oct 2026, 14:44 What is the red wire for zipped tied to the pipe? I may have very similar I got for a Xantia years ago but never fitted it.
It's not exact, it looks like the ends are different sizes, correct me if I'm wrong. The pipe I have (if I can find it) both ends are different sizes. As mick says, you should be able to seal it temporarily with the tape.
Hi penners11,

I am unsure what it is for but will be putting it back there 😂. If you do happen to find that pipe could you send me a pic or the part number if written on it please. Thanks for your help with this also. Ohhh I am unsure if the pipes and sized different at each end but will check it out later today 👍🏻
penners11
Donor 2024
Posts: 12
Joined: 11 Oct 2021, 20:38
x 5

Re: 1999 Peugeot boxer help

Unread post by penners11 »

Not sure how you post photos on this site, I will have to look in the help section for that after I have taken photo's. Or DM me and I'll send them direct but again I've never done that either which require help files again if your interested.
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 21138
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 8119

Re: 1999 Peugeot boxer help

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

A guide to posting images is here:

viewtopic.php?p=516529#p516529

:)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
penners11
Donor 2024
Posts: 12
Joined: 11 Oct 2021, 20:38
x 5

Re: 1999 Peugeot boxer help

Unread post by penners11 »

Hi, as you can see the pipe has a re enforced plastic around part of it which could be warmed gently twisted or manipulated to fit or taken off again with I bit heat.
Just let me know if you could use it. I don't want paying just a donation to the forum would surfice.

It was for a 1.9 xzantia diesal engine breather, part nos are faint but it was from citroen.
Attachments
IMG_20261004_131341.jpg
IMG_20261004_131410.jpg
IMG_20261004_131327~2.jpg
TomTomA
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Sep 2026, 12:50

Re: 1999 Peugeot boxer help

Unread post by TomTomA »

penners11 wrote: 04 Oct 2026, 13:50 Hi, as you can see the pipe has a re enforced plastic around part of it which could be warmed gently twisted or manipulated to fit or taken off again with I bit heat.
Just let me know if you could use it. I don't want paying just a donation to the forum would surfice.

It was for a 1.9 xzantia diesal engine breather, part nos are faint but it was from citroen.
Image
Image
Image
Hi penners11,

Thanks for the reply and offer but it is to big for the fitting. I will double check this today and get back to you though 🤞🏻

Tom