CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55061
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8386

Re: CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

RichardW wrote: 20 Sep 2026, 08:10 Good to see you on the mend, and back out there, Jim :mrgreen:
Thanks Richard :-D

I'm now on holiday and today I'll be travelling to my usual haunt for a few days 8-)

My activity on here might be a bit sporadic for the duration so don't worry if I seem absent whilst I play trains, run along the beach and take photos...
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
Huskyxantia
(Donor 2025)
Posts: 3882
Joined: 30 Jul 2018, 22:11
x 906

Re: CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales

Unread post by Huskyxantia »

Great news Jim
Husky. :? Thinking outside of the box is better than sitting in a dark one.
:-D
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55061
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8386

Re: CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

At the caravan park where I'm staying...
20260921_150836.jpg
Two posh vans together :cool:

I'm staying in a brand-new caravan this time. Even posher than my van; it even has an en-suite :D
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55061
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8386

Re: CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

Yesterday I achieved a very significant milestone at parkrun :-D
Screenshot_20260927_095858_parkrun.jpg
Also, at Juniors yesterday we exceeded our all-time attendance record with 245 participants and to top it all, I was Run Director on this auspicious occasion :-D

To commemorate the occasion, I featured in a 'TART' photo :lol:
jpr497tart.jpg
Of the two million or so registered parkrunners worldwide, only a relative few have achieved the 500 Volunteer milestone. Last time I checked, it was less than 400...

I've just ordered my 500 Volunteer tee, hoodie and socks... My parkrun uniform :lol:
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55061
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8386

Re: CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

I was very happy to welcome this visitor - and its temporary custodian - yesterday afternoon :-D
20261001_145609.jpg
A real trip down memory lane :cool:

Thanks Zel and massively appreciated :D
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
Zelandeth
Donor 2024
Posts: 5308
Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 23:36
x 1596

Re: CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales

Unread post by Zelandeth »

CitroJim wrote: Yesterday, 05:56 I was very happy to welcome this visitor - and its temporary custodian - yesterday afternoon :-D

Image

A real trip down memory lane :cool:

Thanks Zel and massively appreciated :D
Always good to catch up!

Know a lot of people talk down about the Metro, and they absolutely do have their flaws. Don't think anyone who's driven a good one though could deny they're good fun though. Not maybe ideal for a multi hour long motorway commute, but that's really not what they were designed for.

Was actually surprised how low stress this is in traffic, a long second gear and the amount of low end torque the A series has means you spend a lot of time in a queue just idling along in 2nd if traffic is creeping along at walking pace.
Current fleet:
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.
User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 28690
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 13:30
x 5674

Re: CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales

Unread post by myglaren »

Never been in one but one did hit the car behind me, pushed it into mine and wrote it off.
Drove it for a year then part-exed it for my first C5.
The Metro fell to pieces in the road.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55061
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8386

Re: CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote: Yesterday, 20:24 The Metro fell to pieces in the road.
Oh dear! They wee good at rusting :roll:
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
Hell Razor5543
(Donor 2023)
Posts: 14308
Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
x 3306

Re: CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales

Unread post by Hell Razor5543 »

CitroJim wrote: Today, 05:29
myglaren wrote: Yesterday, 20:24 The Metro fell to pieces in the road.
Oh dear! They were good at rusting :roll:
Better than Lancias?
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+

Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
User avatar
Zelandeth
Donor 2024
Posts: 5308
Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 23:36
x 1596

Re: CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales

Unread post by Zelandeth »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: Today, 05:43
CitroJim wrote: Today, 05:29
myglaren wrote: Yesterday, 20:24 The Metro fell to pieces in the road.
Oh dear! They were good at rusting :roll:
Better than Lancias?
No. I don't think there ever has been or will be anything which can corrode faster than a 70s/80s Lancia or Alfa.
Current fleet:
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.
User avatar
Zelandeth
Donor 2024
Posts: 5308
Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 23:36
x 1596

Re: CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales

Unread post by Zelandeth »

Remembering our discussion of scanning negatives etc, I dug out the IT8 calibration test targets I'd mentioned this afternoon. I do have the data file that goes with them (as otherwise they're kind of useless).

Image

Image

I remember that these were Not Cheap, but it seemed daft to spend what I did on a scanner with no way to properly calibrate it.

I'll try to remember to bring it over next time I'm over your way.
Current fleet:
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.