greetings from Australia.
I have a Citroen C3 2008 diesel DV6TED4, manual, with rear drum brakes.
Upon getting my annual registration pink-slip check (MOT), it was revealed that under heavy braking at 50 kph (31 mph) the rear left of the vehicle fish-tailed sharply to the left.
I took it to a specialist brake mechanic who said the brake master cylinder needed replacing. Unfortunately there is no OEM replacement in the country, so he has washed his hands clean of it (common over here, especially with European cars).
I wanted to know of any other opinion as I'm not entirely convinced of his diagnosis.
I suspect it could be the left rear drum instead:
- I bought the car 10 years ago I could not get the rear drums off, even with attempting to back them off. Worn a deep groove?
- The left rear drum has had a bad bearing that I have kept alive with care. I could not replace that because there is none left in the country! Maybe some grease has entered the drum?
As parts are near impossible to obtain this would mean sourcing parts from Europe/UK most likely.
If I decide to replace the drums as a kit (including bearing) I need to know if the drums are Bosch or Lucas as a return of a wrong product internationally is out of the question.
Please find attached pictures of the drums.
If anyone could identify them (Bosch or Lucas) that would give me more confidence to send for the correct kit.
Thank you kindly.