DS5 Auto 1.6 13 reg

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroenmonamor

Re: DS5 Auto 1.6 13 reg

Post by Citroenmonamor »

Thanks for your info...
Citroenmonamor

Re: DS5 Auto 1.6 13 Reg Semi Auto

Post by Citroenmonamor »

Anybody any idea why the brake lights should stay on to give the error P171A ..I want to program the semi auto box on Diabox after a clutch replacement
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

This specific fault still relates to the brake lamp switch and official advice is to replace it. Note: The force required for locking is slight at the start of the quarter turn and goes beyond the point of resistance at the end of the quarter turn to validate the locking.

I'm not sure what part number you used, but there has been a replacement part since originally fitted. If you need confirmation of part numbers, please see below:

We can help if you need an original genuine part number, part diagram or factory build sheet and can't already find the info you need on the Forum. For this service, we do ask for a membership upgrade for official parts data as we are in turn charged for this. It will cover you for future part number requests for up to 2 years, so excellent value.

If interested, links are below, then provide your vehicle's VIN in full, which will be masked automatically when you submit your post.
A response to your question by a Forum Admin requiring parts or specific vehicle information requires you
to have made a current contribution
(Min. £10 / €11.48 or equivalent) to the Forum.
To Upgrade Your Membership & Donate Click Here

For Further Information About Vehicle Parts and VIN Numbers Click Here
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Citroenmonamor

Post by Citroenmonamor »

Thanks .You were correct it was the Brake Pedal Switch..I had previously put a QH one on with the Vauxhall logo and although it's meant to be for my DS5 it either wasn't or became faulty..Replaced it last night with a Cambiare one and it works perfectly now.. I did program the biteing point and the gear gate but never completed the full gearbox programming that seemed so complex with supposedly 3 sets of 4 accelerations from 1st to 2nd gear with 80 to 130 rmp and 3 sets of stopping with the engine running for 5 minutes ..The car seems to drive OK manual and auto apart from a slight smell from the clutch but then I have only just started driving it after the new clutch being fitted months back..Is it necessary to program the clutch if the car is driving ok.?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes it is essential because the biting point won't be set and that may be why you are getting burning....
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc