DS5 Hybrid4 HV/High voltage battery cooling fan replacement/repair

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

eliezedeck
Donor 2024

DS5 Hybrid4 HV/High voltage battery cooling fan replacement/repair

Post by eliezedeck »

Hi everyone, I'm new here so here is my first post.

I have a DS5 Hybrid4. When starting cold, the "Zero Emission" mode works fine, but after a while, it no longer does. After doing a diagnostic, it came out with P0A82 (fault in the HV battery cooling) and P0A7E (HV battery getting too hot). There are obviously related.

After inspecting at the rear HV battery, it turns out that the fan is no longer turning, even with 12V applied to it. I drove around, having the whole thing open in the trunk, and after seeing the car no longer entering "Zero Emission" mode, I checked to see if it turns, but no, still not turning. So, the fan is broken.

I don't think I'll be able to find a replacement here where I am (Madagascar) and I usually buy online and have it shipped here (takes about 1 month). So, I want to replace it, but I can't find the right keywords for it. Does anyone have the part number or something like to lookup?

I also want to attempt to have it repaired here locally, does anyone have any information regarding the repair of this fan?

Thank you very much
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DS5 Hybrid4 HV/High voltage battery cooling fan replacement/repair

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You need to be very careful there as there is a complete cooling system for the Hybrid battery, not just a fan - there is coolant from the main engine cooling system that is also circulated to the rear.

We can help if you need an original genuine part number, part diagram or factory build sheet and can't already find the info you need on the Forum. For this service, we do ask for a membership upgrade for official parts data as we are in turn charged for this. It will cover you for future part number requests for up to 2 years, so excellent value.

If interested, links are below, then provide your vehicle's VIN in full, which will be masked automatically when you submit your post.
A response to your question by a Forum Admin requiring parts or specific vehicle information requires you
to have made a current contribution
(Min. £10 / €11.48 or equivalent) to the Forum.
To Upgrade Your Membership & Donate Click Here

For Further Information About Vehicle Parts and VIN Numbers Click Here
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
eliezedeck
Donor 2024

Post by eliezedeck »

Hey @GiveMeABreak ... sure, I plan to be with the car for a while, so it's a good investmentt. I have sent the donation of €12. *{Transaction Details Removed}*

So, you're saying I need to check both the fan and the coolant as well, yes? The fan is obvious, but the coolant is what I'm not sure of. Is it the main red liquid for the main engine that is used at the back? The main idea is: how do I verify the coolant that it's properly cooled?

Yes, I need the original part number so I can find the part to buy. I'm buying from Europe stores (suggestions welcome) because I have my forwarder over there who will expedite the package to Madagascar. Here is my VIN: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Thank you.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi, thanks for your Forum donation, (your status is automatically upgraded), and I've removed your transaction info as we already have this on the system.

So there are 2 diagrams here that may help you with the relevant cooling systems for the Hybrid element. Note parts include UK VAT @ 20% and are direct from Citroen / DS.

Diag A This is the Cooling Circuit that I mentioned:
Eli DS5 Hybrid Cooling.png
(6) Electric Water Pump (includes A, 7 & 8), part: 9807176780, £249.41

Diag B This is the Fan module:
Eli DS5 Hybrid Battery Cooling Fan.png
(10) Battery Blower (Valeo), part: 6441FE, £357.16
(14) Blower Harness, part: 1606452380, £55.98
If there are any other components you need the part number for, let me know whether Diag A or B and the item number :wink:

Marc
eliezedeck
Donor 2024

Post by eliezedeck »

Thank you very much ... I think I'm going to buy used parts, I found around €70 - €90 and can be shipped to France.

For the liquid cooling, is there a fault code that I should expect if it's faulty?
eliezedeck
Donor 2024

Post by eliezedeck »

And by the way, I could not find someone to fix the fan. I believe it is a 3 phase motor with speed control and speed feedback (sure its own thing).

I was thinking if I could get a 3 phase driver for the motor, is it going to drain battery or something if it is going to be set to full throttle all the time? Just the time until I get a fan replacement?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The best thing is to get a full diagnostic on the system and let us have any fault codes that are detected. I might be able to give you some pointers before you start changing parts. You'll probably need Diagbox to be honest, as other generic code scanners may not be able to pick up the constructor codes for this type of system.

Marc
eliezedeck
Donor 2024

Post by eliezedeck »

I did have diagnostic this past week. I have attached here the PDF file generated by the diag software. It is probably generic, and is not Diagbox, but hopefully some useful information in there. It is in french, but the codes are there.

I cannot attach pdf files, so I have taken a screen capture of the PDF file.

Thanks.
Attachments
CleanShot 2024-04-06 at 19.40.15@2x.png
CleanShot 2024-04-06 at 19.40.02@2x.png
CleanShot 2024-04-06 at 19.39.39@2x.png
eliezedeck
Donor 2024

Post by eliezedeck »

Is this one a compatible Diagbox scanner? https://www.amazon.fr/Diagnostic-Scanne ... 07MQRSS15/
eliezedeck
Donor 2024

Post by eliezedeck »

Hello everyone,

I'm glad to announce that the fan has been repaired successfully! It was the 2 first MOSFETS that got burnt, and once replaced, it worked again.

Thanks for the helps.