Error light dynamic citroen c6 problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Disaster189
My Cars: Citroen c6

Error light dynamic citroen c6 problem

Post by Disaster189 »

Hi, I'm having a problem with the Citroen c6 2.7 HDi, the car is equipped with xenon and directional headlights. For a few days the green low beam light has been flashing on the dashboard, and the directional headlights do not work; I have passed Diagbox and I have eliminated a fault that was in the steering wheel rotation sensor, but there are two light control units to which there is no access (I put capture)

Let's see if something similar has already happened to someone and it gives me an idea of ​​where the switchboards can be to check their connections or something else.

I take this opportunity to comment, I don't know if there is a way to delete all the faults at the same time in Diagbox and not have to go one by one.

I have tried lexia3 but the global test only shows BSI and registered failures, no other units, possibly because of version 9.91? I also did not find how to test the headlights to see if forcing the test worked.

Thanks in advance!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Error light dynamic citroen c6 problem

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You can't delete the faults if there is an ongoing problem - the fault will simply reappear.

The error with the non-communication in Diagbox means:

Headlight Dynamic Height Adjuster
Dynamic Height Adjuster of the Right Headlight

So basically it seems the right headlamp adjustment unit has no communication with the ECU.
Each time the headlamps are switched on, they undertake a self-test procedure. If there is any fault, the directional operation of the headlamps are deactivated, so that you will have headlamps, but they will remain static without directional function.

As these are basically motors, it is very likely you need a new lamp adjustment unit on the right lamp as it has probably worn out now given that if this is the original motor, it may have been in service of up to 16 years....

Having said that there can be multiple causes for the headlamps going into backup mode. Here are all the scenarios so that you can check:
EventsBack-up modesPossible causesCustomer queries
Loss of the vehicle speed information . Vehicle speed information invalidStopping of the "bend lighting" function. The headlamp dynamic height adjustment remains active but it is down-gradedHarness cut or disconnected. ABS sensors faulty. Dynamic stability control ECUStopping of the "bend lighting" function
Loss of the steering wheel angle information. Steering wheel angle information not valid. Loss of the direction of rotation of the steering wheel information. Direction of rotation of the steering wheel information not validStopping of the "bend lighting" function. The headlamp dynamic height adjustment is activeHarness cut or disconnected. Steering wheel angle sensor faultyStopping of the "bend lighting" function
Loss of the reverse gear information. Reverse gear information not validStopping of the "bend lighting" function. The headlamp dynamic height adjustment is still activeReverse gear sensor faulty. Harness cut or disconnected. Boîte de vitesses automatique défaillanteStopping of the "bend lighting" function
Loss of the vehicle ride height information. Vehicle ride height information not validThe headlamp dynamic height adjustment is placed in the refuge position. Stopping of the "bend lighting" functionHarness cut or disconnected. Variable damping suspension ECULowering of the light beam in relation to its nominal position. Stopping of the headlamp dynamic height adjustment function. Stopping of the "bend lighting" function
Supplies not coherent with the informationStopping of the "bend lighting" function. The headlamp dynamic height adjustment is placed in the nominal position automatically(steering wheel angle zero). The headlamp dynamic height adjustment remains active. The statuses must not be used to switch the lamps on/off or to activate/deactivate the concealer. Comments : In the case of a fault, the engine fuse box forces the switching on of the dipped headlamps (via the BSI1) (1)Harness cut or disconnected. Display faulty. Fault at the BSI1Stopping of the "bend lighting" function. Forced lighting of dipped headlamps
Loss of the engine status information. Engine status information not validIf the initialisation is carried out, the headlamp dynamic height adjustment remains active. The "bend lighting" function is active. If the initialisation is not carried out, it must be triggered under the following conditions; "engine status information" valid. Or, if there is no valid "engine status information", the initialisation must start on reaching 5 km/h and the initialisation must be completed in 2 seconds. The headlamp dynamic height adjustment is active. The "bend lighting" function is activeHarness cut or disconnected. Engine ECUNone
Loss of the multiplexed diagnostics On information. Multiplexed diagnostics On information not validSwitching off of the communication diagnostics- - -Possible failure to send messages
Loss or failure of at least one ballast(2)On the headlamp affected : The "bend lighting" function is deactivated, the height adjustment motor switches to refuge mode. On the headlamp which is not affected : The "bend lighting" function is deactivated, only the headlamp dynamic height adjustment remains activeHarness cut or disconnected(between the power supply and the ballast)The dipped headlamp concerned is switched off. The "bend lighting" function is deactivated. Displaying of a visual message "dipped headlamp bulb(s) faulty". Service warning lamp switched on accompanied by a sound signal
Discharge bulb faultyThe headlamp dynamic height adjustment function remains active for the 2 directional headlamps. The "bend lighting" function is deactivated in the 2 directional headlampsHarness cut or disconnected between the ballast and the bulb. Bulb blown, not supplied by the ballastThe dipped headlamp concerned is switched off. The "bend lighting" function is deactivated. Displaying of a visual message "dipped headlamp bulb(s) faulty". Service warning lamp switched on accompanied by a sound signal
Failure of the concealerNo associated back-up mode. Detection on the electrical errors only(in this case the default position of the concealer is the dipped headlamp position)Harness cut or disconnected. Electromagnet faultyThe client requests main beam headlamps, the main beam headlamp concerned does not come on : The concealer on the opposite side is still active. Displaying of a visual message "concealer faulty". Service warning lamp switched on accompanied by a sound signal
Faulty connection between xenon bulb and ballastThe bulb is not switched on. The "bend lighting" function is deactivated for the 2 headlamps. The automatic height adjustment function remains activeHarness cut or disconnected. Electronics faultyThe dipped headlamp concerned does not come on. The "bend lighting" function is deactivated when the fault appears. Displaying of a visual message "dipped headlamp bulb(s) faulty". Service warning lamp switched on accompanied by a sound signal
Loss or failure of the left directional headlamp ECU (master)The "bend lighting" function is deactivated. For the left directional headlamp (master) : It may not be possible to realign the height and azimuth motors. The dynamic height adjustment of the right directional headlamp (slave) is positioned automatically in the nominal position (the angle of rotation of the steering wheel is 0°), the dynamic headlamp height adjustment is placed in the refuge position. (headlamp in non-dazzling position). If the part of the right directional headlamp ECU (slave) which controls the height and azimuth motors is lost or faulty, communication on the CAN must be stopped to allow the BSI1 to send a message to the driver. or . Transmit the message "directional headlamp faulty" on the CANSupplying of the left directional headlamp ECU (master). Harness cut or disconnected. Left directional headlamp ECU (master) : Part which controls the height and azimuth motorsThe left directional headlamp (master) may remain jammed in the turned position. Risk of switching off of the xenon bulb of the left directional headlamp (master). Dipped headlamp indicator lamp flashes + sound + message "directional headlamps faulty"
Loss or failure of the right directional headlamp ECU (slave)The "bend lighting" function is deactivated. For the right directional headlamp (slave) : It may not be possible to realign the height and azimuth motors. For the left directional headlamp (master) : The headlamp dynamic height adjustment is placed in the nominal position automatically(steering wheel angle zero). The headlamp dynamic height adjustment remains active. If the part of the right directional headlamp ECU (slave) which controls the motors is lost or faulty, the message "directional headlamp faulty" must be transmitted on the CANSupplying of the card. Harness cut (see case of cutting off of the ignition plus), disconnected. Computer : Part which controls the height and azimuth motors faultyThe right directional headlamp (slave) may remain jammed in the turned position. Risk of switching off of the bulb of the right directional headlamp (slave). Dipped headlamp indicator lamp flashes + sound + message "directional headlamps faulty"
Loss or failure of the communication between the directional headlampsFor the 2 directional headlamps : The "bend lighting" function is deactivated. The headlamp dynamic height adjustment is deactivated. The headlamp dynamic height adjustment is placed in the refuge positionHarness cut or disconnectedStopping of the "bend lighting" function. Lowering of the light beam
Configuration problemThe headlamp dynamic height adjustment system is placed in the refuge position. The "bend lighting" function is deactivatedIncorrect configuration, parameters not taken into account. Internal failure of the left directional headlamp ECU (master)No active functions
Loss of the ride height dynamic adjustment motorLoss of the ride height dynamic adjustment motor- - -One of the directional headlamps is jammed. The other headlamp remains functional for the height adjustment. The "bend lighting" function is deactivated. Displaying of a visual message "automatic adjustment of the directional headlamps faulty". Service warning lamp switched on accompanied by a sound signal
Loss or failure of an azimuth motorFaulty directional headlamp : The faulty headlamp is jammed as regards its azimuth position : The "bend lighting" function is deactivated. The height is placed in the refuge position. Directional headlamp which is not faulty. The dynamic height adjustment of the headlamp which is not faulty is realigned in the centreline (steering wheel angle zero). The headlamp dynamic height adjustment is still activeCheck the harness, the azimuth motor supplyStopping of the "bend lighting" function. One directional headlamp may be jammed in a dazzling position. Lowering of the light beam. Dipped headlamp indicator lamp flashes + sound + message "directional headlamps faulty"
Loss or failure of the ignition plusThe left directional headlamp ECU (master) does not know whether the cut-off is normal or not. The left directional headlamp ECU (master) stops communicating on the CAN, the BSI1 detects whether the situation is normal or not. When the IGNITION PLUS engine not running is cut off, the left directional headlamp ECU (master) loses the azimuth and height motors position informationHarness cut or disconnectedThe directional headlamps are jammed in a dazzling position. Dipped headlamp indicator lamp flashes + sound + message "directional headlamps faulty"
Under-voltage or over-voltage of the directional headlamp ECUs on the IGNITION PLUS engine not runningUndervoltage : The azimuth and height motors may remain jammed in their current position. Excess voltage : No jamming of the azimuth and height motors- - -The azimuth and height motors are jammed for the duration of the under-voltage and then are placed in a reference position when the normal voltage is restored. Dipped headlamp indicator lamp flashes + sound + message "directional headlamps faulty"
Under-voltage or over-voltage of the directional headlamp ECUs on the dipped headlamp plusThe directional headlamps are positioned automatically in the nominal azimuth position(steering wheel angle zero). The headlamp dynamic height adjustment is deactivated and placed in refuge mode- - -For the xenon bulb. Under voltage : If the bulb is switched on, switching off of the bulb if the voltage is below 6 V, if the bulb is switched off, no switching on possible below 9 V. Between 6 and 7,5 V, switching off of the bulb after 1 minute. Excess voltage : Switching off of the xenon bulb if the voltage is above 19 V and switching on impossible above 18 V. If the xenon bulb is switched off, the height and azimuth functions are deactivated by the left directional headlamp ECU (master) and return to nominal. Displaying of a visual message "dipped headlamp bulb(s) faulty". Service warning lamp switched on accompanied by a sound signal
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Disaster189

Post by Disaster189 »

Is there any way to actually diagnose it? to make sure before changing it? Perhaps some wiring has been damaged or disconnected? About a week ago the xenon bulb on the driver's side (left LHD) burned out and was replaced; 4 months ago the right xenon lamp on the right side burned out and was also replaced. So the two communication errors that I have shouldn't be there? I have read some people who have them and everything works fine, but I don't know if it is normal for them to be there or there should be communication.

Thanks for your time.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I added some more info for you just before you replied, so please re-check my post again. The table I have put up is where all the instances of when the directional light function is disabled, so you can see which is the most likely in your case.

Marc
Disaster189

Post by Disaster189 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 23 Apr 2022, 08:41 I added some more info for you just before you replied, so please re-check my post again. The table I have put up is where all the instances of when the directional light function is disabled, so you can see which is the most likely in your case.
I just saw it, very grateful. I don't know very well how to continue now to solve it and not spend money unnecessarily.

Where exactly is that switch located? Is there a video or photograph of how to access them to check the connections? The mechanic damaged two of the 4 pins that hold the red and black bulb holder of the left headlight, could it have something to do with it?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I have to go out shortly, but here is a diagram with the components that may help you:
dir lamp A.JPG
Key:
  • Single arrow: Wire connection
  • Triple arrow: Multiplexed connection
Note: The left headlamp is the "master headlamp".
The right headlamp is the "slave headlamp".

ComponentsComponents
CV00Switch module at the steering wheel
BSI1Built-in systems interface
BSMEngine fuse box
1320Engine ECU
1630automatic gearbox
2610Left-hand headlamp
2615Right-hand headlamp
7715Suspension ECU
7800Dynamic stability control ECU(ESP)
7803Steering wheel’s angle sensor
ARight xenon bulb
BLeft xenon bulb

Here is a table showing the nature of the communication between the various components:
No. of linkTransmittersignalNature of signal
1Engine fuse boxRight xenon bulb controlfilament
2Engine fuse boxLeft xenon bulb controlfilament
3Engine fuse boxLeft dipped headlamp diagnostics. Right dipped headlamp diagnosticsBody CAN
4BSI1Dipped beams controlBody CAN
5Left-hand headlampAutomatic headlamp height adjustment lighting status. Left headlamp lighting statusCAN
6Dynamic stability control ECU. automatic gearbox. BSI1Vehicle speed. Gearbox ratio engaged. Status of the dipped headlamps. Activation of the daytime-running lamps. Inhibiting of the dynamic directional lightingCAN
7Left-hand headlampTurning reference value. Height reference valueLIN
8Right-hand headlampRight headlamp turning fault. Right headlamp height faultLIN
9Steering wheel’s angle sensorSteering wheel angle. Direction of rotation from the steering wheel angle sensor. Steering wheel angle sensor fault codeCAN
10Variable damping suspension ECUVEHICLE RIDE HEIGHTCAN
11Engine ECUInternal combustion engine statusCAN
12Switch module at the steering wheelSidelamps/dipped headlamps inverter. ConcealerBody CAN

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Just be very careful if checking connections due to the residual high voltage of the discharge lamp system near the ballast and wear rubber gloves.

Marc
Disaster189

Post by Disaster189 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 23 Apr 2022, 08:50 Just be very careful if checking connections due to the residual high voltage of the discharge lamp system near the ballast and wear rubber gloves.

I have looked at the following fuse in the engine compartment and it is correct: F 9 10 A Active bonnet - Xenon dual function directional headlamps

I'll be careful or even remove the battery for a while before checking, but first I want to know where each thing to check is located and do it all at once. I am trying to understand with your diagram and information to review exactly. I think that a week ago when changing the bulb on the left side they were able to disconnect or touch a cable because the error appeared after changing the bulb and driving a few kilometers, the bulb is from the BOSCH brand.

Thanks for all.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It is of course possible they may have upset a connection to the dynamic beam unit.

Here's the wiring diagram:

Most of the hardware codes are on the wiki in ascending order categories:

https://frenchcarforum.co.uk/wiki/Elect ... ring_Codes

Marc
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Your saying there is no communication with the headlamps, do you have them switched on when trying the diagnostic? If i remember right some models require them to be switched on to talk to them.
Disaster189

Re: Problema de error de citroen c6 dinámico de luz

Post by Disaster189 »

Wow, you are an open book! lots of valuable information! I wonder if they have been able to alter the F connection since it is the one on the right headlight where the last bulb was changed. Any real photo to see the appearance of that switchboard/connection?
Last edited by Disaster189 on 23 Apr 2022, 09:42, edited 1 time in total.
Disaster189

Post by Disaster189 »

wheeler wrote: 23 Apr 2022, 09:21 Your saying there is no communication with the headlamps, do you have them switched on when trying the diagnostic? If i remember right some models require them to be switched on to talk to them.
I actually did the diagnostics with the ignition on but the engine off, the headlights were in the auto position.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Try again with the lamps in the on position, do the headlamps illuminate as normal but they just don’t move?
Disaster189

Post by Disaster189 »

wheeler wrote: 23 Apr 2022, 09:49 Try again with the lamps in the on position, do the headlamps illuminate as normal but they just don’t move?
Ok, I won't be able to try it until next Friday, but I will try it of course! when starting the engine the headlights go up and down automatically, the headlights come on as usual but a light on the dash flashes and the turn signals do nothing.
Disaster189

Post by Disaster189 »

By the way, when they changed the left xenon bulb, it lit up correctly and there was no fault, after a few kilometers of travel, it was when the flashing light came on in the box. I also realized that they did not connect the battery terminal correctly, it was loose, I put it correctly when I realized it, it is possible that some voltage drop in the battery has registered a fault or similar and some module like the one has to be reset or adjusted. angle of rotation of the steering wheel or similar?