Citroen C5 sat nav/radio/steering display NF

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Re: Citroen C5 sat nav/radio/steering display NF

Post by admiral51 »

Thanks Marc
I was just thinking it could be an option further down the line :)

Colin
Newfrog
My Cars: Peugeot 308
Citroen C5 VTR 2LTR

Post by Newfrog »

admiral51 wrote: 16 Dec 2021, 16:36 Marc this is a question you will be able to answer i hope.

I have a "spare" RNEG unit that works fine apart from the blue tooth connectivity to the phones, the sat works and the firmware is up to date and has the last official maps on the sd card.
If i coded it to the OP Vin it should work albeit with some parameters set wrong ?
I have pictures of the parameter settings for the vehicle it came out of ( C5 Vin in my sig ), happy to post them up and see if you can figure out from OP Vin things like Parking Sensors etc that i could change to the correct ones.

Newfrog If Marc thinks it will work its yours for the cost of postage, trouble is i may not be able to do anything regarding coding etc until over the christmas period as i will need to remove my current head unit and code the spare one and the C5 is the good lady's car :)

Colin
Thank you kindly. That's very generous.
I'd like to make a donation somewhere, if that's okay? I can't take it for free.
Hopefully it's a compatible unit *crosses fingers*

As for what's up with mine, I've no idea till I get it hooked up to a diagnostic unit. There's no life in the radio, sat nav screen or the associated buttons.
I've tried everything to get it going, but it's about as alive as a Monty python parrot. 😬
admiral51
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Hi Newfrog

Have a look at This Topic it explains some issues i had with my unit.
It also has a link to the removal keys and some top tips for doing so.
I am assuming that ever since you had the car the radio has not been working?
If it has never been working i am just wondering if the previous owner has removed the radio and unplugged it to cover up a fault, i think the power to both the head unit and the screen are in one big Quad plug thats plugged into the head unit.
There is also a macro 15 amp fuse on the rear of the head unit, not sure if this would stop it powering up.

Will reply to pm in a bit gotta go and be Dads Taxi again :(
** Edit PM replied **
Colin
Newfrog
Citroen C5 VTR 2LTR

Post by Newfrog »

Thank you for the link 👌 it's full of useful information for this unit. Lots to look into

I've ordered the removal tools.. Not sure if it will make any difference as I'm shooting in the dark without a diagnostic kit. I'll have a play anyway.

Hopefully, I'll be able to listen to a Pop Master soon 😎
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

First step is to find out if it is plugged in, the units do have their problems but for everything to be dead including the screen seems to point to total power failure.
Fingers crossed it has been unplugged to stop a fault showing.
Even with a proper diagnostic tool if it is not plugged in it cannot detect any fault apart from not being present :)

Colin
Newfrog
Citroen C5 VTR 2LTR

Post by Newfrog »

Thanks Colin👌
Removal keys came this morning, so I removed the radio to find, indeed, the blocks were unplugged.
Success! So I thought. I refitted them, turned in the ignition with baited breath, zip, nada, non. Nothing happened 😬
So I ran the engine for a while, just to see if anything came up in the dash, nothing in the way of lights or codes appeared Also the 15amp fuse was intact.
So, back to square Uno. 🧐
Newfrog
Citroen C5 VTR 2LTR

Post by Newfrog »

On, on a positive note, I drove 150 miles today. Worked out that the cruise controls do actually work! Hit sixth gear and unpaused, a very satisfying drive, I must say.
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Ok so we have some progress :)
It is now either a total power supply loss on the main Quad block or the Head Unit is totally dead, Marc will probably be able to give expert advice on if a totally dead Head Unit would stop the screen from coming to life.
As previously stated i am happy to code my old head unit to your vin and code in as many parameters as possible specific to your vehicle albeit that the bluetooth function is not working correctly for phone connection.
This is a known working unit so that would eliminate the unit being dead if it didn't power up in your car.
We could do a swap with units to see if your powers up in mine but think we need to wait for some expert advice on the possible total power loss issue.

Glad the steering wheel controls work for Cruise/Limit :)
Cannot remember exactly but one of the little wheels should scroll through Speed/Trip 1 + 2/Av consumption/Sat Nav/Blank on the main instrument panel that shows the digital speed.
Out of interest does it work and if so does it show anything for the Sat Nav ?

Main worry is why was the unit unplugged ???
Colin

** Edit Stupid random thought but the button above the volume controls is the On/Off button and also the Mute button, have you pressed it to try and turn it on, we are talking Citroen here so it may not auto switch on if previously switched off , just a short press turns it On/Off :-D **
Newfrog
Citroen C5 VTR 2LTR

Post by Newfrog »

Thanks, that sounds like an idea!
The trip computer works fine. I reset it for the journey and hit 45mpg without trying too hard.
What would cause a total power failure of the fuses are intact? That's worrying 😬
I've hit the on/off button, no joy.
I'm thinking exactly the same, 'why was it unplugged?' the smaller connections were left in, but the two blocks were definitely out and tucked under the plastic below the radio 🤷🏻‍♂️
It's frustrating without a diagnostic contact or any indicators from the unit itself, being as it's dead as a duck. I can hook it up to a battery and see if the unit fires up, independently from the car
I'll have a play this weekend.
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Think you will need a proper pin out for the Quad plug but think i have a simple way to check :)

PM sent

Colin
Newfrog
Citroen C5 VTR 2LTR

Post by Newfrog »

I'll have a play, can't do it any more harm than there already is 😁