Citroen C5 sat nav/radio/steering display NF

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Newfrog
Posts: 19
Joined: 15 Dec 2021, 16:25

Citroen C5 sat nav/radio/steering display NF

Post by Newfrog »

Hi guys,

I've just become the proud owner of a C5 VTR 59 plate.
Problem is, the radio and connected items do not function. I've looked at the fuse to no avail and pressed the dark button for 15 seconds.
I've googled this extensively and in sorry to say, I'm getting no where, hence the post.
I've seen videos about the ECU overheating etc, but I'm not sure where to start? There's no life in any of it at all.
Bought it after having my Peugeot 308 wiped out by an M3. Was having some luck with the 308. 🙄
I've since had to have the front suspension rebuilt for the MOT. Then no traffic updates either 😬
Thanks in advance.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021
Posts: 12127
Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
x 1555

Re: Citroen C5 sat nav/radio/steering display NF

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hi, and :welc: to the forum. I think you will need to get her diagnosed (with something known as a Lexia/DiagBox system) to see what error codes are returned. Doing anything else (other than going to a dealership and paying them to diagnose her) will be a waste of time and money. There are Forum members who have such equipment and are willing to help other Forum members. The following link is how to find the nearest one to you, but do be aware that some members have 'gone quiet' and may no longer respond;

https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... hp?t=56452
Online
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 26537
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 3104

Re: Citroen C5 sat nav/radio/steering display NF

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Newfrog wrote:
15 Dec 2021, 16:31
Hi guys,

I've just become the proud owner of a C5 VTR 59 plate.
Problem is, the radio and connected items do not function. I've looked at the fuse to no avail and pressed the dark button for 15 seconds.
I've googled this extensively and in sorry to say, I'm getting no where, hence the post.
I've seen videos about the ECU overheating etc, but I'm not sure where to start? There's no life in any of it at all.
Bought it after having my Peugeot 308 wiped out by an M3. Was having some luck with the 308. 🙄
I've since had to have the front suspension rebuilt for the MOT. Then no traffic updates either 😬
Thanks in advance.
First of all pop your VIN up (automasked on post submission) so I know what system you have, then I'll hopefully have some relevant questions.
Newfrog
Posts: 19
Joined: 15 Dec 2021, 16:25

Re: Citroen C5 sat nav/radio/steering display NF

Post by Newfrog »

Oh excellent!
Thank you guys. I'm just in Morrisons carpark, so I'll look up VIN when I'm back at the homestead 👍
Newfrog
Posts: 19
Joined: 15 Dec 2021, 16:25

Re: Citroen C5 sat nav/radio/steering display NF

Post by Newfrog »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
15 Dec 2021, 18:10
Newfrog wrote:
15 Dec 2021, 16:31
Hi guys,

I've just become the proud owner of a C5 VTR 59 plate.
Problem is, the radio and connected items do not function. I've looked at the fuse to no avail and pressed the dark button for 15 seconds.
I've googled this extensively and in sorry to say, I'm getting no where, hence the post.
I've seen videos about the ECU overheating etc, but I'm not sure where to start? There's no life in any of it at all.
Bought it after having my Peugeot 308 wiped out by an M3. Was having some luck with the 308. 🙄
I've since had to have the front suspension rebuilt for the MOT. Then no traffic updates either 😬
Thanks in advance.
First of all pop your VIN up (automasked on post submission) so I know what system you have, then I'll hopefully have some relevant questions.
Christmas shopping done *some of*😬

Okay, here Is the VIN : VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff].

I've contacted a local chappie regarding the Lexie interface. Hopefully I'll get lucky and he's willing to help.

I since found it some of the steering wheel buttons work. The select wheel on the right top is non functioning, but the left one does work.
Cruise set works and the 'back' button also. But obviously the radio controls, phone button and such are not.
Really surprising that they all do not work at once. I could cope with one or the other not functioning, but then all 'incommunicado' means half the dash is just decoration. 😳

Thanks for the help this far too 💪
Online
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 26537
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 3104

Re: Citroen C5 sat nav/radio/steering display NF

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Okay, so you have the RNEG unit more commonly known as the MyWay system.

So first, have a good read of the owner manual under this system. The buttons are context sensitive and perform specific functions depending on what you are operating.

Once you’ve confirmed what is and is not working let us know. Also a description of what’s on the display when you have the radio station as a source. Upload pictures directly to the forum using the full screen editor and the file attachment options.
Newfrog
Posts: 19
Joined: 15 Dec 2021, 16:25

Re: Citroen C5 sat nav/radio/steering display NF

Post by Newfrog »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
15 Dec 2021, 22:08
Okay, so you have the RNEG unit more commonly known as the MyWay system.

So first, have a good read of the owner manual under this system. The buttons are context sensitive and perform specific functions depending on what you are operating.

Once you’ve confirmed what is and is not working let us know. Also a description of what’s on the display when you have the radio station as a source. Upload pictures directly to the forum using the full screen editor and the file attachment options.
Wow! That's really helpful. 👌
I tried looking up the permutations of systems, but I think Citroen made a different one per car.
Thanks for condensing and refining the info. Very much appreciated 😎😎😎😎
Newfrog
Posts: 19
Joined: 15 Dec 2021, 16:25

Re: Citroen C5 sat nav/radio/steering display NF

Post by Newfrog »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
15 Dec 2021, 22:08
Okay, so you have the RNEG unit more commonly known as the MyWay system.

So first, have a good read of the owner manual under this system. The buttons are context sensitive and perform specific functions depending on what you are operating.

Once you’ve confirmed what is and is not working let us know. Also a description of what’s on the display when you have the radio station as a source. Upload pictures directly to the forum using the full screen editor and the file attachment options.
Sorry to be a pain, but I've googled everywhere for the manual. I've found a post from yourself that links to the Citroen dealer for the vehicle, but not a lot on 'MyWay' specially.
Is there a PDF somewhere with the reset and diagnostic info on please?

Tia
Online
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 26537
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 3104

Re: Citroen C5 sat nav/radio/steering display NF

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Newfrog wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 08:52
Sorry to be a pain, but I've googled everywhere for the manual. I've found a post from yourself that links to the Citroen dealer for the vehicle, but not a lot on 'MyWay' specially.
Is there a PDF somewhere with the reset and diagnostic info on please?

Tia
No just the owner manual that explains the operation. There's nothing else available concerning the internals of the telematics systems. However getting it diagnosed with Diagbox may return a fault code that you can put up here and I'll be able to provide some info on any fault. A generic code reader wont cut it, as they generally can't read bespoke systems, only the vehicle generic codes.

Unfortunately faults with these internally can't be fixed at the dealer - they will either send them off for repair at about £400 or sell you a replacement. Second hand units may be available on the net, but they will need configuring / coding with both vehicle optional equipment and your VIN which needs Diagbox.

If you want a PDF version of the vehicle manual let me know and I'll email it to you.
Online
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 26537
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 3104

Re: Citroen C5 sat nav/radio/steering display NF

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Peter: I removed that last post to avoid confusion, as it doesn't contain a valid link - that was a link to a local file on your PC that can't be accessed here. :wink:
Peter.N.
(Donor 2020)
Posts: 10856
Joined: 02 Apr 2005, 16:11
x 580

Re: Citroen C5 sat nav/radio/steering display NF

Post by Peter.N. »

Sorry Marc, thanks anyway.

Peter
Newfrog
Posts: 19
Joined: 15 Dec 2021, 16:25

Re: Citroen C5 sat nav/radio/steering display NF

Post by Newfrog »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 11:59
Newfrog wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 08:52
Sorry to be a pain, but I've googled everywhere for the manual. I've found a post from yourself that links to the Citroen dealer for the vehicle, but not a lot on 'MyWay' specially.
Is there a PDF somewhere with the reset and diagnostic info on please?

Tia
No just the owner manual that explains the operation. There's nothing else available concerning the internals of the telematics systems. However getting it diagnosed with Diagbox may return a fault code that you can put up here and I'll be able to provide some info on any fault. A generic code reader wont cut it, as they generally can't read bespoke systems, only the vehicle generic codes.

Unfortunately faults with these internally can't be fixed at the dealer - they will either send them off for repair at about £400 or sell you a replacement. Second hand units may be available on the net, but they will need configuring / coding with both vehicle optional equipment and your VIN which needs Diagbox.

If you want a PDF version of the vehicle manual let me know and I'll email it to you.
Oh, if you could, that would be excellent. Easier than navigating the manufacturers website by far. 👌
Newfrog
Posts: 19
Joined: 15 Dec 2021, 16:25

Re: Citroen C5 sat nav/radio/steering display NF

Post by Newfrog »

Also, I'm guessing there's not an aftermarket replacement that would suffice?
admiral51
Donor 2021
Posts: 2406
Joined: 24 May 2007, 10:11
x 307

Re: Citroen C5 sat nav/radio/steering display NF

Post by admiral51 »

Marc this is a question you will be able to answer i hope.

I have a "spare" RNEG unit that works fine apart from the blue tooth connectivity to the phones, the sat works and the firmware is up to date and has the last official maps on the sd card.
If i coded it to the OP Vin it should work albeit with some parameters set wrong ?
I have pictures of the parameter settings for the vehicle it came out of ( C5 Vin in my sig ), happy to post them up and see if you can figure out from OP Vin things like Parking Sensors etc that i could change to the correct ones.

Newfrog If Marc thinks it will work its yours for the cost of postage, trouble is i may not be able to do anything regarding coding etc until over the christmas period as i will need to remove my current head unit and code the spare one and the C5 is the good lady's car :)

Colin
Online
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 26537
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 3104

Re: Citroen C5 sat nav/radio/steering display NF

Post by GiveMeABreak »

As it's the same unit - I already know from the VIN what options Newfrog has, so that won't be an issue. But I think we need to try and find out a little more about what is or isn't working first if possible.

As far as an aftermarket unit goes, it is doable, but will likely lead to some loss of functionality. It is better to stick to an OEM unit these days where possible.