How to remove rear light cover C4 Picasso 2016

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northumbrian
New User
My Cars: Citroen C4 Picasso 2016

How to remove rear light cover C4 Picasso 2016

Post by Northumbrian »

Can anyone advise if it’s possible to separate the rear light cover (coloured lenses) from the light assembly? A piece has broken clean out of the rear light cover. I’ve got the piece and could glue it back, but the way it’s broken means it must be done form the inside. I’ve managed to remove the whole light assembly, but don’t know how to separate the cover from the back part that holds the bulbs. I’ve removed three silver screws that look like they might be holding the two parts together, but they still seem strongly stuck together and I don’t want to force them apart in case that’s not possible and I cause irreparable damage. Alternatively, I could replace the cover if it’s not prohibitively expensive. Any advice gratefully accepted!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: How to remove rear light cover C4 Picasso 2016

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi and welcome.

No, they're not separable and are supplied as a complete unit. Which one you need of course will depend on your trim level and specifications as there were 3 different types of lighting assembly - 2 types with variations of LEDs and a halogen option. You must fit the correct one for the electrical system on the vehicle.

I wouldn't bother trying to glue it or take the seal of, as it's bound to crack or brake the internals where they are bonded on and you'll constantly be getting condensation and water inside - which can lead to other issues. Best to get it replaced as it will probably affect your MOT.

I can help you with the correct official part numbers, but you would need to upgrade your membership. This would cover you for up to 2 years of parts requests and parts diagrams though. Details below if you want to go ahead, then pop your VIN up (automasked).
A response to your question by a Forum Admin requiring parts or additional information requires you to have made a current contribution (£10 min.) to the Forum.
To Upgrade Your Membership & Donate Click Here

For Further Information About Vehicle Parts and VIN Numbers Click Here
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc