On your Bike

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: On your Bike

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 01 Apr 2021, 11:38 Talking about CCC rallies at Little Horwood, can anyone identify the "bike in the boot" exhibitor :?:

Regards Neil
That was indeed me and my old original Giant TCR that now lives on my turbo trainer :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

CitroJim wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 05:42 That was indeed me and my old original Giant TCR that now lives on my turbo trainer :)
The phototaker was Daviddb and commented on the photo

"Xantia by Citroen swallows fancy bike"

Flickr is a fantastic collection of images. Funny how if you spot an image which is relevant appealing or interesting to you, check out the albums of the photographer and inevitably there will plenty more. Car interest and railways often go together. :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
old'uns
My Cars: '02 C5 - gone
'09 X7 - gone
CMax - X7 replacement - gone
Acadiane - lost to a V5c applicant
'06 C5 VTR auto est
'90 Honda Beat
'73 ST70 Dax
'75 ST Dax - 120 powered

Post by old'uns »

as we have members on here more technically able than myself, anyone got any ideas on this or where to get replacements as per thread? or even a better idea of what we are looking for?

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/4 ... -problems/
currently '06 C5 2.0 HDi auto estate Tip run and France trekker - well should be!! occupied currently by '10 Superb DSG 170 elegance- whistles and bells that work
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 09:48
CitroJim wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 05:42 That was indeed me and my old original Giant TCR that now lives on my turbo trainer :)
The phototaker was Daviddb and commented on the photo

"Xantia by Citroen swallows fancy bike"
Lovely :D I like that a lot 8-)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 04:28 Lovely :D I like that a lot 8-)
I have had a quick flick through some of the albums on Flickr taken by the same chap who photographed your Xantia Jim. Prolific and interesting which I will return to from time to time. For now the one which caught my eye I have posted on POTD. Don't think its one of his originals, but an iconic image nonetheless.

viewtopic.php?p=681589#p681589

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Takes the clip on motor a stage further.

What would Alex Moulton think?

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Apologies, pedal-powered bikes aficionados, but there a link between the jet powered Moulton and this, blast from the past, through Mick Broom, and Broom Development Engineering of Turweston Airfield near Brackley, Northamptonshire.

1982 Hesketh V1000 01
Mike Schinkel, CC BY 2.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

A nice rack of bikes, including mine, at the Bedford Sprint Duathlon yesterday :D
bsdrack.jpg
It was an awesome event :) See my blog for full details ;)
Jim

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

During the bike leg of the Bedford Autodrome Duathlon on Sunday...
Active Training World
Active Training World
And starting the first run leg :)
Active Training World
Active Training World
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 05:28 And starting the first run leg :)

Minor number noticing....

See you got allocated Valentino Rossi's number Jim :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 08:31
See you got allocated Valentino Rossi's number Jim :-D
Ahh but he cheats ;) He uses an engine :lol:

I'm proud to be very tenuously associated with him as he looks a lot like I did when I was his age :)
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

French Bike Forum

If you live in France appropriate legislation is on the way for trading in your car and getting a €2,500 grant towards purchase of e-bikes.

So you could trade in your old Peugeot for a Peugeot

https://electrek.co/2020/07/25/peugot-s ... ve-motors/

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Of course if you want an e-bike Scotland is the place to be.....
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 04 Jan 2021, 10:08 Over on the electric vehicles thread I put up a piece about how the Scottish Govt are bending over backwards to encourage switch to electric. This is the bit about e-bikes. Cant find an equivalent scheme being offered elsewhere in the UK.
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 15:40 The interest free electric vehicle loan is funded by Transport Scotland and can help you purchase a new electric bike
loans of up to £6,000 are available to Scottish residents to cover the cost of up to two new ebikes, a new family cargo or ecargo bike or an adaptive bike or ebike
I would have thought if you live in Scotland and are thinking about having an electric bike, now is the right time to take the plunge. I hardly think the incentives are going to become more generous.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 09:30 French Bike Forum

If you live in France appropriate legislation is on the way for trading in your car and getting a €2,500 grant towards purchase of e-bikes.

So you could trade in your old Peugeot for a Peugeot

https://electrek.co/2020/07/25/peugot-s ... ve-motors/
Interesting :) I'll pass on that but I see there's a low-key scrappage scheme operating in the UK that will exchange a car that's more than ten years old for £3000 worth of travel vouchers that can be used on public transport...

Can't recall where I saw it now...
Jim