How to replace heater blower motor on Picasso 1.6 HDi Exc?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DavidA
My Cars: Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 HDi

How to replace heater blower motor on Picasso 1.6 HDi Exc?

Post by DavidA »

My car is a Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive, year 2005.

The heater blower motor is not working. The fuse is ok. My research suggests that the control transistors on the motor may have failed, so I want to remove the motor. The Haynes manual states that the motor is behind the facia lower centre panel on the left hand side. I removed that panel but I have no idea how to identify and remove the motor. The layout appears to be different from the Haynes one, because mine has a side air vent, that blows into the footwell, that is not shown in Haynes. I have identified an electric heater matrix but that area is crammed full of stuff.

Please can you advise me how to remove the motor? I could post a photo if required.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: How to replace heater blower motor on Picasso 1.6 HDi Exc?

Post by wheeler »

If I remember right its pretty easy to get at, remove the glovebox first (around 8 t-20 screws) then there is 3 screws holding the motor in once you take the screws out you need to rotate it slightly to release it from the housing.
DavidA

Post by DavidA »

Thanks for your reply. I've attached a photo of the left hand side of the centre console. Am I correct in assuming the blower is not there?
picasso.jpg
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

No it up higher than that, you need to remove the glovebox to get to it.
DavidA

Post by DavidA »

Thanks, I've taken the glovebox out and can see the motor. It's set well back and hard to see what's going on there, so I've taken a photo. I can't see any screws but the blower housing won't rotate. Any suggestions how to proceed please?
picasso2.jpg
oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Post by oscar »

DavidA wrote: 03 Jun 2020, 19:11 My car is a Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive, year 2005.

The heater blower motor is not working. The fuse is ok. My research suggests that the control transistors on the motor may have failed, so I want to remove the motor. The Haynes manual states that the motor is behind the facia lower centre panel on the left hand side. I removed that panel but I have no idea how to identify and remove the motor. The layout appears to be different from the Haynes one, because mine has a side air vent, that blows into the footwell, that is not shown in Haynes. I have identified an electric heater matrix but that area is crammed full of stuff.

Please can you advise me how to remove the motor? I could post a photo if required.
Reason why the Haynes Manual is "Termed" BOL (book of Lies!) :^o :rofl2:
It's just do this and this then it is done but not on the car in that manual!!!!
Think Staff are a cross between Altzheimers and weed smokers! :lol:

Before you obliterate then dashboard have you done the Ignition switch test?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

You can see one of the little locking tabs, it looks like it rotates clockwise to release to me. There may be at least one screw though to stop it rotating. I it wont be very loose either, they normally need a fair bit of twisting to remove.
Attachments
Inkeduntitled_LI.jpg