New topic challenge!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

New topic challenge!

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Dare someone to shove up a new topic to entertain us today.

I'm off to dump the phrase "Trade Deal" into Room 101

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

New topic challenge!

Things have been a bit slow of late so I'll give this a bump :-D There are loads of threads which are easy to contribute to on the Off Topic Chat Lounge but more are always welcome and keep the forum flowing.
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 23 Mar 2018, 13:05 Dare someone to shove up a new topic to entertain us today.
Regards Neil

So at the risk of bombing out with a zero reply thread, here's another one from me.

A few of my Favorit things..

yes dont worry...its a cryptic title to a weighty car-related discussion, not "bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens" but who cares I for one don't mind if you "off topic" it all you want :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Re: New topic challenge!

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 23 Mar 2018, 13:05 Dare someone to shove up a new topic to entertain us today.
Regards Neil
bump! as true today as it ever was!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Todays random hand of the FCF Archives February Ferret has landed here for the Thread of the Day.
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 20:31
Regards Neil
bump! as true today as it ever was!

As this chart shows...since I joined the FCF in 2009 from starting off being an infrequent poster only when I had a problem with my Xantia's , or could contribute to helping others with their car-related problems, I found myself engaging in the small French Car Chat section as it was then and joining in those conversations. That section morphed into the Off-Topic Chat Lounge widening the conversation to all subjects whether motoring-related or not and limited only by the Forum's sensible acceptable content rules.

You can see from the Board index that second only to the long history of the Citroen section of the FCF, the Off Topic Chat Lounge is one of the most popular sections of the FCF for members and viewers to enjoy, and my most active section of the forum now.

The OTCL as of a few minutes ago had 4728 topics and 119 371 posts, and probably 10 times as many views as posts.

The purpose of this thread is to encourage the flow of new topics, encourage the flow of new conversations.

Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 15 Feb 2023, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

mickthemaverick wrote: 15 Feb 2023, 10:36 Equipment Loan Pool...
...and hats off to Mick who has taken the plunge and kicked off a new thread :-D . I count that very much as a success for the February Ferret 2023. It's always nice to get an early strike so if you are interested in those walkie talkies don't dither make those arrangements with Mick. From my experience some of the best and most popular threads on the Off-Topic Chat Lounge need a bit of cajoling into life before they become regular favourites. The best reward for starting a thread is for others to join in so even if you don't manage to come up with your own new thread today, its easy enough to join in with one

Equipment loan pool
viewtopic.php?p=745385#p745385

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I'm about to do the deed Neil...

Most, if not all of my activities are either covered by OTCL topics or my blog but something today prompts me to open a new one...

Stand by...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 15 Feb 2023, 15:18 I'm about to do the deed Neil...

Most, if not all of my activities are either covered by OTCL topics or my blog but something today prompts me to open a new one...

Stand by...
Link to Jim's new topic today
viewtopic.php?t=73709

I see the deed you have done, and well done for doing it. I will contribute to it as I can hopefully with original pics which are undoubtedly the best. The first place that pops into mind is Hill End in County Durham scene of many a picnic and mess about in the river, and a bit of sledging. In between Weardale and Teesdale, and the moors road between the two is fantastic.

In due course I will look to supply a picture!

Thanks Jim

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey