DS5 intermittent working satnav/radio

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Pawel_K
My Cars: Citroen C5 Tourer x7

Re: DS5 intermittent working satnav/radio

Post by Pawel_K »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 00:01
Pawel_K wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 23:45
GiveMeABreak wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 23:39 Have you scrolled? It is the last option on the menu - so may be on the next screen.
Yes, I only have two options:
-Display configuration
-Speech synthesis setting
but no "Select language"
Ok, in that case what has happened is that the config file is missing that holds the options. This was probably stored in the old internal microSD card. If you don't have access to Diagbox, then it's a trip to the dealer to download the configuration file again and configure the unit with your options. As you are going there to get the Bluetooth calibration file done, they should easily be able to configure the parameters for the ECU for you at the same time.
Is possible to do it with diagbox? or mirascript?
I was wondering if replacing sd card and uploading the firmware (maybe earlier version) again would help? Another question is that if something goes wrong during upload will I be able to put back in sd card I am using now. Short speaking, is it possible changing various sd card with various firmware?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Normally with firmware you cannot downgrade to an earlier version. As well as storing the working files and the operating files on the internal MicroSD, I believe it also updates the chip software - so probably not.

You may well be able to do it via Mirascripts - if you are resourceful you can probably locate a guide on doing this - I can only help you with Diagbox and the ECU configuration if you were going down that route.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Pawel_K
My Cars: Citroen C5 Tourer x7

Post by Pawel_K »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 00:26 Normally with firmware you cannot downgrade to an earlier version. As well as storing the working files and the operating files on the internal MicroSD, I believe it also updates the chip software - so probably not.

You may well be able to do it via Mirascripts - if you are resourceful you can probably locate a guide on doing this - I can only help you with Diagbox and the ECU configuration if you were going down that route.
I'll come back here when i have access to Diagbox. Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

@ Pawel: Ok, just pop your VIN up when you do so I can determine the correct parameters for you.

Marc
cathalbosco
My Cars: 2013 508 SW 1.6 HDi
2004 206 1.4 HDi

Post by cathalbosco »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 23:48
cathalbosco wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 23:23
GiveMeABreak wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 23:08 Hi

Make sure the USB is formatted as FAT32 and if you can post a screenshot of the files contained on the USB. Just use the full post editor, then you can press the attachments button at the bottom of the window and upload / place your files in your post.
I loaded the screenshot, hope you can point out where I'm going wrong. Also forgot to mention that it looks like somehow coffee has worked its way in so might be part of the issue.

Thanks In Advance

Cathal
Ok, so from that screenshot, you have mapping files on the USB!

That's not the firmware and it won't boot without a firmware USB in the socket. Do you know what firmware you had before you replaced the MicroSD card? I'm hoping you had a version lower than 2.86, because as you can see from this thread, there will be calibration issues and some options missing when using this version.

You need to get another USB, because you will have to load the map files back onto the system once it has been successfully rebooted, so don't overwrite the content of the USB you have uploaded in the screenshot. Get another USB and format it as FAT32. Let me know what firmware you think you had - normally you would have all that info and the correct firmware before attempting the repair, because now you can't access the menu to see what version you had unless you can remember.

If you can't remember, we'll have to try an earlier version and see if that works to at least get the system booted up.
Hi,

Thanks, good to know I have the maps, but not much use to I get the rest sorted I guess.

I have no idea what the previous version was, as it hasnt been working/ wouldnt let me do anything. The car unforntunalety doesnt seem to have been shown alot of love, so I cant imagine they would have upgraded the FW.

So how do I get a copy of the the firmware,a nd is it best to load via a CD or USB? Will it be an ISO file? The drive is also making a spinning noise as if its looking for a CD to load, is that normal?

Again, Many thanks for the help!
Cathal
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

@ cathalbosco

I'm sending you a PM

Marc
Lynnzer

Post by Lynnzer »

Ah, the "spinning sound" is akin to what was going on with my unit, ie a constant noise as if the cd was trying to load.
The copy of the firmware I downloaded is in a previous post on this topic. It was error free and installed perfectly to 100% however it didn't do much as it was the unit itself that seemed to be beyond repair by any DIY methods.
My new refurbished unit has worked perfectly since I received it, including immediate configuration of all the usual parameters. All I had to do was change the default language. The supplier uses your VIN number to set it all up before dispatching it.
All was lost when I gave in with trying firmware updates, resetting the system etc and I couldn't afford a new unit so took a chance on the reconditioned one from Poland that came with a 12 month warranty. Paid by Visa for safety.
Try a firmware reload using the data on the link in my earlier post, and if that fails I guess you'll need to contact the Polish company.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've already put everything he needs in a PM - and I am not recommending the latest firmware to him for the very reason he does not know the version he has on his system currently. He has the links to my firmware files and the version I have suggested is an earlier one - so that if it goes toes up there is a later one he can try as firmware cannot be downgraded.

It may well be he has to get a second hand unit, but for now he is going to try and recover the system. :wink:

Marc
cathalbosco
2004 206 1.4 HDi

Post by cathalbosco »

Hi Marc, thanks for the help.

But it looks like its time to give up. I put the USB in and at the start, it looked good a the USB was glowing like it was loading. Then it kept restarting every 5 mins, and I left it for an hour.

Nothing came up on the screen at any point. Would it be worth trying the latest FW, at least to try and get it to run?

I want to try last chance saloon and order the FW CD for Peugeot, anyone has a link to this? Are all the second-hand units the same or do I need a certain model?

Cathal
Cathal
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I'll send you a PM with the firmware link, but you can order the CD a £ or so at a Peugeot dealer. Copied CDs are no good as they usually incorporate some protection - so always use an original if going the CD method.

Marc
cathalbosco
2004 206 1.4 HDi

Post by cathalbosco »

Hi all,

Just an update on my issues

I never had any joy with mine.

I found a guy called Karim in another forum and sent it to him . Fixed for €200 and postage.http://www.autotronics.eu/

Highly recommend if you have no joy with any of the above.
Cathal
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's great news - yes Autronics is one that I have already got listed in the Main Telematics section:

viewtopic.php?t=60781

It's good to get a recommendation from a member. Thanks for the update Cathal.

Marc
nayan2217
My Cars: Citroen DS 5 Sport

Post by nayan2217 »

Hi All,
I'm a newbie to this site.
I recently purchased a Citroen DS 5 Hdi 2012, love the car but having a few issues.
The first issue I had was with the Bluetooth it kept connecting and dis-connecting with any phone, I did take to my local dealer and they updated the software, now all working fine.
The second issue I have is the FM radio keeps losing reception as you drive, you can see the signal bars going up and down and sounds like when you have a poor connecting aerial. The dealers did look at it and said it's not an aerial issue (rear windscreen) but a more serious issue. The cars still at the dealers I'm picking it up tomorrow and they said the technician will explain possible issues.
The third issue is I have maps for europe 2012-2013 stored in the unit but cannot update to newer maps. When you're in the maps management it shows a list of all the maps on the left side then on the right side its got two selection buttons VIN and UPDATE. Only the VIN button is highlighted the UPDATE MAPS is greyed out.
I purchased the map updates from the Citroen website and copied to an USB stick. But when you follow the installation steps for updating the Car recognises its an update and starts updating for about 2mins then says complete. But when you check the maps they still show the old ones. Again the dealer had a look at this and again said the technician will explain possible issues.

Have any of you guys got any ideas??????, please please please.

Regards
Nayan2217
lime
My Cars: 2013 DS5 1.6THP

Post by lime »

Hey guys, great thread here, been very helpful along with a few other sources.

So I had the dreaded black screen and cd whirring every 10 seconds issue. I replaced the microsd card and tinkered around with trying to get some combination of firmware to flash. Finally I got version 2.37 to successfully flash (I have no idea what version was on previously), the trick seemed to be using an 8gb USB 2.0 flash drive, doing a full format (not quick) in windows with the settings FAT32 and unit size of 32kilobytes, taking the formatted flash drive and plugging it into a Mac or Linux machine, then deleting the system folder that should be left on the drive from windows, copying the firmware onto the drive using the Mac or Linux machine and then going and using it in the car. It was the only chain of events that worked for me.

Now my problem is that it seems audio isn't working properly. Radio stations are picked up but no sound. AUX doesn't work, and BT doesn't appear to be an option (it just has an x through it at the top of screen). Reverse camera works (albeit it doesn't look the highest quality), pdc works but no sound. Obviously navigation doesn't work because I don't have maps installed, although GPS seems to be working. The other issues are that the startup marque is Peugeot (no big deal), and every 10 mins or so the RT6 unit reboots. From my research it seems like the configuration files were lost and I might have to see my local dealer to fix. Any ideas? Should I try updating the firmware to a newer version? Is there any way to salvage the previous config from the old sd card and somehow transfer that to the new one? Would installing maps be of any help?

I appreciate any help,
Eli
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Eli

These faults are purely related to a major firmware update. All major firmware updates can default some of the Head Unit ECUs parameters to default values. You need to have the correct parameters configured as per the exact options your vehicle has. This can be done with Diagbox. However, your firmware is still out of date for the RT6 - there is version 2.86 available - but this will also need a Bluetooth calibration update applied that the dealer can do, otherwise you will get a Bluetooth echo.

If you don't have access to a Diagbox diagnostic tool, it may be worth you getting the dealer to do the latest update for you and they can also apply the calibration file from the PSA servers as this is not available as a separate offline update.

Marc