207 Front brake caliper question

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

doctle
My Cars: 2008 Laguna 1.5 DCi

207 Front brake caliper question

Post by doctle »

Hi again guys,
Car failed the test one item is the front brake caliper. My mate has a new 206 brake caliper do any of you happen to know if they are the same?
Thanks
Oh buggle
EDC5
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 RHR AM6

Re: 207 Front brake caliper question

Post by EDC5 »

If you post the VIN from both vehicles then someone can check compatibility with servicebox.
doctle

Post by doctle »

I took off the caliper and the piston pushed in easily. The pads were stuck in the caliper bracket and the bottom guide pin is very tight the rubber part on the end seems to be rubbing inside the hole. I will take it off and clean it tomorrow. is the rubber anti vibration? would it work ok without it? I don't think there's anything wrong with the caliper. New discs and pads going on tomorrow
Oh buggle
picassodad
My Cars: pug306, citroen picasso

Post by picassodad »

Sometimes the parts exploded views can be a great help, also ECP to find out compatability/sameness.

Corroded in pads seem more frequent these days. I "service" the pads ( remove, de rust, paint and lube ( the backing plate and where they sit/rest in the "pad holders" ) before and after winter. A hassle yes but worth doing if you have the kit and knowledge. I have to do this task on our m/bikes as well.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I certainly would not recommend ECP for parts lookups - they are invariably wrong as has been commented by many members, myself included.

Always best to get proper OEM part numbers first, then you can cross reference. There are a lot of aftermarket parts databases that are simply inaccurate and do not account for model variations.

As you can see there are various repair kits for your 207:
(3): BRAKE PAD KIT
(4): BRAKE CALIPER YOKE
(5): BRAKE CALIPER REPAIR KIT
(6): SET COLUMN SCREW

If you want part numbers for any of these, shout.
Attachments
207 Brakes.PNG
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
doctle

Post by doctle »

Thanks guys! On this occasion it was actually the wheel bearing that had failed. I splashed out on Brembo brakes and discs however the wheel bearing was very tight and hard to turn. It was very difficult to get out I ended up using an outer CV joint from a Hyundai Accent to "tap" it out. Luckily it was a very good fit on the bearing but the joint is a no longer usable! I used service box to look up the part numbers
Oh buggle
doctle

Post by doctle »

picassodad wrote: 18 Feb 2019, 10:43 Sometimes the parts exploded views can be a great help, also ECP to find out compatability/sameness.

Corroded in pads seem more frequent these days. I "service" the pads ( remove, de rust, paint and lube ( the backing plate and where they sit/rest in the "pad holders" ) before and after winter. A hassle yes but worth doing if you have the kit and knowledge. I have to do this task on our m/bikes as well.

I put a little dab of Mintex break grease on the ends of the pads and the springs. I always used copper grease but it appears brake grease is needed.
Oh buggle