Dean's Activa/XM/V6 and now Talbot blog

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Dean's Activa/XM blog

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote:Now of course i have a perminant abs fault though :roll: :lol:
'Course you do. It's an Activa isn't it :roll: :lol:

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

:lol: but of course, im wondering if its going to be best to break out the avo now or just be lazy and see if i can get her lexia'd at cxm? i think the later may be better at the moment.

D

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote::just be lazy and see if i can get her lexia'd at cxm?
Definitely the best option Dean :) It's a lot less faffing about than using an AVO... Hopefully it's just a loose plug following the work done...

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

The light came up before work started Jim, the spraying down with lhm at high pressure must be the culprit or it could be pure chance, I think your right though its going to be a lot less hassle to have it gone over with a lexia.

D

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Forgot to update this with the real problem i found, as reported she was running fine but on monday i noticed the pump straining, sounded very clackety and the belt was squeeking slightly so i popped the pressure tester on again and i was getting just under 180bar as i was sunday after removing 1 shim from cut out side of the regulator. Opening the 12mm bleed a little on the reg to get it to cycle at a fast enough rate let the pressure guage bounce between 140bar and again a smidge under 180bar which is just about spot on but the pump was not straining, then all of a sudden the pressure guage went off the scale at 230bar :shock: , i opened the bleed up a bit more and the preessure fell away, then doing the bleed back up a bit it sat there bouncing between 140 and 180 ish again for around 2 minutes.........................

Took the decision to pull the reg off again and get it on the bench, this time i didnt just take the bung and cap off to extract the shims but took the springs out and found the smaller of the two had snapped and was getting wedged in the bigger spring, and that was my problem i think, it must have been intermitantly jamming in the bigger spring effectivly packing it out, a new spring from a spare reg has sorted the issue now, well i hope so anyway because i jumped in the car at 4 this moring to come up to Farnborough and its been fine on the short run up here 8-)

Also no more rocking from side to side, dont ask me how but it isnt, i also need new spheres on the rear now as the back end feels rather firm compared to the front with its new hydractive sphere anyway :wink:

D

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Thank goodness you found that Dean :) I've known of failed regulators causing accumulator spheres to literally explode. Brings a whole new meaning to the term 'ruptured sphere' :lol: Seems the pump can make a heck of a lot more than 230 bars if they're not regulated...

An exploding accumulator must be a sight to behold - as well as a sound....

I'm pleased it didn't happen to you...

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

So am i Jim, it could have been expensive :lol: i dont think it was jammed solid, i think the inner spring was just interfering with the bigger one and alowing it to reach varying different levels of higher than normal pressure, probably often enough to pop my acc sphere and strain the main feed pipe, amzes me the rocking has gone though, ive done 120miles since monday and still no rocking so make of that what you will, although i do have a theory.

D

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I'm very interested to hear your theory Dean :) I can't think of one right now but then my thinking kit is distinctly unhappy this morning :lol:

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Hi all

I know ive said it before but just so its fresh in everyones mind the Activa will be up for sale at CXM, i have aquired a Focus (or will do fri) so i have a spare car and dont NEED the Activa so since it will be on the mainland now would be the perfect opotunity to test drive or take it away :(.

D
Last edited by Deanxm on 17 Sep 2012, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Post also in the CXM thread Dean, so that everybody knows... And on Club-XM too...

Be very careful you don't get flattened in the rush :-D I know if I was after an Activa yours would be top choice... Yours and Chris's...

It's a long walk home you know :wink:

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

yes it is but i cant see myself selling it on the day, if i do arrangements can be made........................

Flattened in the rush :rofl:

D

Chris570
Donor 2020

Post by Chris570 »

Deanxm wrote:yes it is but i cant see myself selling it on the day, if i do arrangements can be made........................

Flattened in the rush :rofl:

D
If it does sell i suppose we could use the FCF couriers to deliver you to a port of your choice, you'd have to package yourself up though. (No Bondage jokes please, oh maybe a few then)

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

damn i cant even think of a bondage joke right now either, give me a minute...................

D

Chris570
Donor 2020

Post by Chris570 »

you've had 3 now...

i expect 3

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Ive got nothing, its the pressure..................... i'll get me coat :(

D