How do I do this then?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

How do I do this then?

Post by Stuart McB »

Sorry for this but I wonder if any one can help me on this wee problem [:(].
Wifes Car is a 2001 Renault Megane 1.6 16 Valve Convertible with vented disc's and Reno / Lucas calipers.
I need to change the front pads. No big problem but I am at a loss on how to push the caliper pistons back in. The vehicle has ABS and I seem to remember that you have to open a bleed nipple or some thing. I'm un willing to just push them back as the I know you can damage the ABS. Any Info greatly appreciated [:D].
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

To avoid damaging the ABS valve block it is recommended that you open the caliper bleed nipple when pushing the piston back, so that you push the fluid out of the nipple rather than back through the ABS gubbins. Don't forget to go careful with the nipple, top up the fluid and bleed the brakes on completion!
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I just used a crowbar before, maybe this is why my abs no longer works lol! Think its really due to the dodgy sensors but who knows heh, better without
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

RichardW. Am I alright to bleed in the usual way using my one man kit. It has a one way valve and fits over the bleed nipple. You then open the nipple a little then pump the brake peddle slowly.