DS DS5 no electrics

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Del Ds5

DS DS5 no electrics

Post by Del Ds5 »

Can somebody advise please.
I have had a orange electric circuit error - seek repair warning on my 2018 Ds5 diesel 2L for a few weeks, every time I go to start my car.
This also had a sat nav message with local garage location message on Nav screen and a text message. The error message goes off when car started and is replaced by an orange Service message only on screen. Car starts and operated as normal.
I have had my car regularly serviced ( last time full service 3 months back).
I was in France when this first happened, went to local garage, had diagnostic, on Launch x.431 they could not find specific fault codes ? but a U1F00 event not recorded permanent fault ?
They cleared minor historical events etc, but no effect on electrical circuit warning on start up as above ?
I was travelling to UK, they advised, car could be driven ?
Went to UK, went to another garage had another diagnostic, no specific faults found again, ref to BSI communication issue only?
Upshot was they recommended a new, battery management protection unit (BMPU), enquired as to this approx £400 part but not x stock but available on back order 4 to 8 weeks ????
Contacted DS dealer west sussex, asked if they could supply BMPU, they said on back order, and they would not order until diagnostic done and could not do diagnostic until Julu 21st ????
I was travelling back to France so could not order, and book repair, told car ok to drive by service dept after conversation etc, advised maybe better to get part in France etc as DS item. When using car was mainly motorway driving, no issues, car always starting with warning signs as advised above.
Was due to take to local mechanic here, this weekend but he went back to UK for Siverstone F1, not back for couple days now.
I purchased a OBD11 V519 scanner on route tomorrow so I could just self check anything obvious etc before mechanic reviewed.
Yesterday went out to use car as had been sparingly, got in car with electronic key, clicking noise from glovebox, rear of BMPU location, put electronic key in holder and then noise stopped, car blank, no dash lights ziltch, nowt, dead !! no power to electrics something has either fused ?? or relay dead ?? no electrics at all hazards no even activating !!!
Tried to charge battery, just to ensure it was not that, still nothing, no remote locking, not boot opening on cockpit button of diesel cap, no electrics at all.
Wont be able to use OBD!! V519 scanner as no power ?
So my question, can anyone please advise options to check part and or to regain power, so i can get to a garage or even help with repair maybe ? as car is not movable for me, at the moment.
Thank you.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DS DS5 no electrics

Post by GiveMeABreak »

IF the supplies and protection management system has failed, it's unlikely to be supplying power to the Engine ECU or the BSI and without that you'll not be getting anything.

So short of checking the wiring connections from the BPGA unit from the battery and the connections, there's not much that can be done Si suspect without in-depth electrical fault finding
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Del Ds5

Post by Del Ds5 »

Thanks Marc,
So best check connections from battery to BMPU and check battery disconnected for charge.
if both good, that would then indicate the BMPU has failed if connections good and battery charged ? so a new BMPU required as I think these are non repairable and need replacing.
Silly question you mention BGPA, is this the same as the Battery management protection unit (BMPU), that sits on the top of the battery ?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The BPGA (I've corrected the acronym in my last post) is the French designation (Boîtier de Protection Général des Alimentation, but yes, is the power supplies protection unit.

This is the unit, not to be confused with the engine fusebox in the same location.

BPGA
bpga.png
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Del Ds5

Post by Del Ds5 »

Thanks Marc,
Could there be a particular fuse that I could check that might cut the power or does the battery supply go through the BPGA before the fuse box ?
to me it seems more than just a fuse as, there was a clicking noise just before I placed key in port and then nothing after.
More like a relay failing ?