Rear Level Sensor

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Shawnobi
Donor 2024

Rear Level Sensor

Post by Shawnobi »

Hi,
New owner of a DS4 from 2015. I'm getting a fault warning for the adaptive xenons. Pretty sure I've found the fault to be the rear Headlight level sensor. It's not connected to the axle anymore - see below.

Q1. Do I have to buy the whole sensor or is the moving arm part replaceable?
Q2. Does anyone know part number/ a good place to get a replacement.

Thank you!
DS4 Rear Level Sensor - Headlamp
DS4 Rear Level Sensor - Headlamp
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Rear Level Sensor

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Dealership only. These are bespoke parts.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Shawnobi
Donor 2024

Post by Shawnobi »

Thank you sir!
It felt like the middle pivot had seized so I will try reconditioning it first. I can see after market sensors about, but without the arm. Looks to be a 3 wire so I'm guessing the sensor is a potentiometer rather than an RVDT. So should be easy enough to check with a meter if so.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Confirmed these are complete units, so if you find you need official parts info, contact your dealer or see below:

We can help if you need an original genuine part number, part diagram or factory build sheet and can't already find the info you need on the Forum. For this service, we do ask for a membership upgrade for official parts data as we are in turn charged for this. It will cover you for future part number requests for up to 2 years, so excellent value.

If interested, links are below, then provide your vehicle's VIN in full, which will be masked automatically when you submit your post.
A response to your question by a Forum Admin requiring parts or specific vehicle information requires you
to have made a current contribution
(Min. £10 / €11.48 or equivalent) to the Forum.
To Upgrade Your Membership & Donate Click Here

For Further Information About Vehicle Parts and VIN Numbers Click Here

Marc
Shawnobi
Donor 2024

Post by Shawnobi »

Thanks for that.
Just getting my head around the forum and having a nose. Will sort the membership as I have at least one other question!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's not compulsory, but if you think you may need official part numbers or part diagrams up to the next 2 years, it may be useful.

Marc
Shawnobi
Donor 2024

Post by Shawnobi »

Well it's a hot mess under there. The sensor bolts are seized in and getting a drill on them is proving difficult. Looks like a single rivet to the top of the mount which looks troublesome as well.

Are the resistance values across the pins written down anywhere I can access? Can't get a meter on the sensor where it is.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If you want the part numbers for new sensors, don't forget to post your VIN up.

There is no data for these - they are not repaired, just replaced. Basic potentiometers, but once water gets in they're pretty much toast and not worth bothering with to be honest,as they can become intermittent and when this happens it throws up errors for reliant equipment.

Marc