DS7 faults after being unused for 3 weeks

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Djandree

DS7 faults after being unused for 3 weeks

Post by Djandree »

Hello
This is a strange one). After 3 weeks of not using my Ds7 1.5hdi I started up the engine. It was cranking bit longer than usual, but fired up. I moved it a bit, switched off, put a battery on charge and after some time on the next start:
1. Clock didn't pop out
2. Have your engine repaired pop out
3. Tyre pressure monitor start blinking
4. Start and stop (amber blink, than solid)

Now is driving ok, but still clock wont pop out, and got engine repair reminder every time. Checked with Diagbox, there was some other faults accompanied with loss of power(probably long cranking) even immo fault). those one are present
20240704_144812[1].jpg

Ok I believe that start stop absence is caused by faulty battery charge unit. Does battery charge unit can be damaged during a starting?
How bout a clock? Anyone had something similar? As far as I know clock is steered by screen (touchpanel)
I didn't try to reset bsi though. Will see...
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DS7 faults after being unused for 3 weeks

Post by GiveMeABreak »

All these are related to the comms network and that's likely because of low battery charge, not surprising after a 3 week period of non use - to add to this, you've just expended a lot of the remaining charge through trying to start it all these times / turning it over....

I would leave the battery on charge using a smart charger for 24 hours minimum, then perform the BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Djandree

Post by Djandree »

Did a bsi reset, clean clamps, did rescan and still the same. I am gonna change battery charging unit. In my opinion this causing a lin fault2. If this unit is broken there is no connection between bcu and bsi. New one cost around £100.
Attachments
20240706_163846[1].jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There's nothing to suggest there's anything wrong with at present. I'd just leave the battery on charge for 24 hours first of all rather than waste money or replacing parts. If there was an issue with it, Diagbox would likely report no communication or another fault.

Marc
Djandree

Post by Djandree »

Yes Diagbox did first fault U1F40 87 absence of communication witch battery charging unit
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I'm still gearing towards the main battery being discharged. The weakened supply state can adversely affect systems, so leave it charging overnight or longer and see if this helps.
Fault Code: U1F40 87
Description of Fault: Absence of communication with the battery charge status control unit. No communication with the battery charge status unit (Between 1,6 and 2,4 seconds).
Conditions for Fault to clear:
  • Return of communication for between 1,6 s and 2,4 s.
Downgrade Modes whilst Fault is active:
  • Change to energy economy mode 5 minutes after cutting of the engine
  • Switching on of the warning lamp and/or warning message Economy mode active message (Ignition on and engine stopped)
  • Flashing of the battery warning lamp for 7 seconds (Ignition on and engine stopped)
Symptoms:
  • Certain vehicle functions are unavailable
Suspect Areas:
  • Supply of the battery charge status control unit
  • LIN
  • Battery charge status unit
  • Supplies protection and management unit

Marc
Djandree

Post by Djandree »

I did recharge, after this left on maintenance mode overnight. Cleaned battery clamps. Engine starting very quick, but still got faults
Djandree

Post by Djandree »

And I left on charge overnight as you suggested. Did test my battery. Tester said Good
After start an engine and do some test drive I got new fault code))))
P20EE 92 depollution of the deNOx system....
Old codes stayed as it is with clock not working.
its getting more interesting..
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Post by PaulC5 »

You have not mentioned if you deleted the old codes, if not done they will remain being shown.
Djandree

Post by Djandree »

Well I can't delete it. I am trying to and they got back straight away. I did manage to clear AdBlue error code. Didn't do a test drive yet, so might come back
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You can't delete the fault code whilst the underlying cause is still there. Also I do suggest not that you have charged the battery, that you do a BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure as this can reset some of the ECUs which may still be an issue in your case. Note: If you can't get access to the negative battery terminal, it's ok to disconnect the positive - just make sure you don't have any tools near anything in the engine bay.

Marc
Djandree

Post by Djandree »

Yes I know that. Dug out negative terminal first . Ds is one underlying.... Never mind I like challenges, otherwise having Ds would be boring )))) Did a test drive my diode in the mirror went blue, did a dpf regeneration, so far no AdBlue fault. Rest is like it is. Engine starting really quick, so battery is ok. One thing left is to replace Battery Charging unit. Will keep you posted