Citroen C5 changing to electric seats, door panels, interior and other.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Martynelius
Donor 2024

Citroen C5 changing to electric seats, door panels, interior and other.

Post by Martynelius »

I have a Citroen C5 2002 MK I VIN: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] with manual heated seats.

The local car wrecker has a C5 2007 Mk II (facelift) VIN: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
20240628_154043_HDR - Copy.jpg
20240628_154037 - Copy.jpg
20240628_154032 - Copy.jpg

and C5 2008 MK III VIN: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
20240628_153302_HDR - Copy.jpg
20240628_153341_HDR - Copy.jpg

From previous posts on the same topic that I've read, I understand that the wiring is most likely present in my C5 and would need to install the correct maxi fuse. Also that the connectors are different between the MK I/Mk II (facelift) and MK III.

1. Is the wiring loom and cable pin-outs the same between the MK1 and MK3? If they are is it possible to change connectors?

I'm asking since the Mk II (facelift) has beige leather seats, while the MK III has black leather seats that I like better and fits better with rest of the dark blue/black interior in my C5. The MK III also has memory buttons behind the door handle and airbags in the seats which might complicate things.

2. Is the only option to settle with the beige seats and just be happy that I have electric seats?

3. Are there any complications regarding connectors between MK II (Facelift) and MK I the same?

4. Is the correct maxi fuse size 80A, one or multiple fuses?

5. Is there a way to move the electric seats for removal manually when there isn't power?

To keep everything in the same style, I would need to consider removing rest of the interior, door panels and rear seats. For the door panels I've found youtube videos on how to do so.

6. Is the connectors for the door panel between the Mk II (facelift) and MK I the same?

For the rear seats I suspect that I would see the bolts when I unfold them.

7. For rest of the interior I suspect it's mostly clipped into place?

8. Is it possible to change the seat belts themselves, such that no programing is needed?

While I'm at it is there anything else I should consider taking from the 2007 MK2 (Facelift) that would be beneficial to have?
Last edited by Martynelius on 01 Jul 2024, 12:34, edited 3 times in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citroen C5 changing to electric seats, door panels, interior and other.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Note for clarity, we deem:

MK I C5 to be anything up to early 2004.
Mk II (facelift) C5 to be from late 2004 to 2007
Mk III (X7) C5 to be from 2008 to end of production

Forget a C5 Mk III, they have completely different systems to MK I / MK II models, including different control units and door modules and wiring, but the MK I and NMK IIs were pretty much similar.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc