'06 C2 1.4l correct accelerator pedal part number

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Virtakayttoinenkettu
Donor 2024

'06 C2 1.4l correct accelerator pedal part number

Post by Virtakayttoinenkettu »

Hey y'all! First ever post here.

Does anybody know which part number accelerator pedal will allow the speed limiter function to work on the C2? Current pedal doesn't have the 'kick down' switch. I retrofitted a cruise control / speedlimiter stalk and enabled both with DiagBox, BSI and ECU. Now all I need is the correct pedal.

I've looked at part numbers such as 9671416880, 9651270280 and 9681434380-00, but couldn't confirm anything. The car is a manual, if that matters.

VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Thanks in advance!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: '06 C2 1.4l correct accelerator pedal part number

Post by GiveMeABreak »

We can help if you need an original genuine part number, part diagram or factory build sheet and can't already find the info you need on the Forum. For this service, we do ask for a membership upgrade for official parts data as we are in turn charged for this. It will cover you for future part number requests for up to 2 years, so excellent value.

If interested, links are below, then provide your vehicle's VIN in full, which will be masked automatically when you submit your post.
A response to your question by a Forum Admin requiring parts or specific vehicle information requires you
to have made a current contribution
(Min. £10 / €11.48 or equivalent) to the Forum.
To Upgrade Your Membership & Donate Click Here

For Further Information About Vehicle Parts and VIN Numbers Click Here
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Virtakayttoinenkettu
Donor 2024

Thanks for the reply, I've now donated. The VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Thanks for your Forum donation.

Ok, a bit complicated as these differ on both the build dates, Engine ECU fitted, left / right hand drive and then of course whether the cruise and speed limiter were fitted or not.

Having gone through the 20 options (!), the one that would appear to be for your build date, with Sagem ECU, LHD and for cruise and Limiter is part: 1601Y4, £243.17

Don't forget you will need the buffer pad (5), part: 160606, £18.74, for kick down to override the speed limiter.
virta acc.png

Marc
Virtakayttoinenkettu
Donor 2024

Wow, that is indeed very complicated. I'm not that surprised though, no wonder I couldn't find any information on this. I'll look into these parts. Thanks a Bunch, Marc!
Virtakayttoinenkettu
Donor 2024

So for example, would this be the right part? The seller states it is 1601Y4.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I can't help you with that, sorry as that will be the international part / manufacturer number and not the PSA designation in this case. I can only advise as to the Internal PSA part number listed.

If the seller has confirmed this, and you have told him it must match the same PSA number with the same functions, then you can try it and send it back if not working. Or you could ask him for the VIN of the vehicle it was originally from, and I could cross reference it to see if the same part number is shown.

Marc
Virtakayttoinenkettu
Donor 2024

Right, I see. Finding a used part will be difficult then, eh? Regardless, I'll ask the seller and report back if I get anything. Oh yeah, and regarding the pedal, if I don't care about having the speed limiter function, could I just the pedal currently fitted to the car?

Btw, does it matter which cruise control/speed limiter stalk I get? Considering they all seem to look and function the same, I would guess not, but could the pin-outs be different or something?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Not really, just 'Google' the part number I have given you (1601Y4). As you can see there are loads of results.....

https://www.google.com/search?q=1601Y4& ... e&ie=UTF-8

Yes different ones that work with different comms units.

Marc
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

I notice that pedal has LVV on the label, if it remember right this is the French abbreviation for Speed limiter.
Virtakayttoinenkettu
Donor 2024

GiveMeABreak wrote: 28 Jun 2024, 12:47 Yes different ones that work with different comms units.
Which part number would that be? I was going to get the stalk from my dad's old C5, but what I'm gathering is that that wouldn't work.
Virtakayttoinenkettu
Donor 2024

wheeler wrote: 28 Jun 2024, 15:54 I notice that pedal has LVV on the label, if it remember right this is the French abbreviation for Speed limiter.
That's what I've been thinking as well. I've also seen pictures of pedals with the same numbers and they clearly have the kick down switch.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Virtakayttoinenkettu wrote: 28 Jun 2024, 20:45
GiveMeABreak wrote: 28 Jun 2024, 12:47 Yes different ones that work with different comms units.
Which part number would that be? I was going to get the stalk from my dad's old C5, but what I'm gathering is that that wouldn't work.
I've provided the part number for the accelerator you need. It's not practical to go into why there are different part numbers for different pedals, suffice it to say if they were all the same, PSA would not have different parts to save costs..... They can be different for different engine management systems, comms units and functions and have different electronics inside.

Marc
Virtakayttoinenkettu
Donor 2024

GiveMeABreak wrote: 29 Jun 2024, 10:44
Virtakayttoinenkettu wrote: 28 Jun 2024, 20:45
I've provided the part number for the accelerator you need. It's not practical to go into why there are different part numbers for different pedals, suffice it to say if they were all the same, PSA would not have different parts to save costs..... They can be different for different engine management systems, comms units and functions and have different electronics inside.
No, I meant the cruise/limiter stalk, and as to if it matters what PSA car it comes from. Also, would I need a different pedal if I don't need the limiter? Can I just use the one already in the car? You've been very helpful, thanks.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Again there are different stalks for the hundreds of different comms units which again are different for each vehicle and options fitted. So it's really not possible to answer this as your original unit is without speed limiter or cruise stalks and I can't compare this with one from a completely different vehicle. The cruise / limiter stalk that would of been fitted for your C2 is part: 6242Z8.

Of course if you provide the VIN from your C5, I can of course check to see if that is the same or a different stalk part, but there is no guarantee this will work as it may be a completely different comms unit with different connections and electronics.

Marc