Air conditioning blower fan working at full power and central switch panel not responding

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Oren_OP

Air conditioning blower fan working at full power and central switch panel not responding

Post by Oren_OP »

Hi all,
For the past few months every time I've started the 3008 when the weather outside is hot
The air conditioning blower fan immediately started working at full power without the possibility of
lowering its power and without the possibility of turning on the air conditioning (buttons at the air conditioning screen do nothing but the touch screen is working fine).
In addition to that, the central switch panel did not respond (apart from the hazard warning and central locking).
Starting last week the problem got worse and it appears every time the vehicle is started.
It is important to note that the system does not return to normal during driving.
I tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and the problem was not solved.
Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Air conditioning blower fan working at full power and central switch panel not responding

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Likely to be the blower motor control module that has failed.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Oren_OP

Re: Air conditioning blower fan working at full power and central switch panel not responding

Post by Oren_OP »

Thank you for the reply,
Is it possible that a faulty blower motor control module is responsible also to the problem with the central switch panel (it doesn't respond)?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Which switch panel? and which specific buttons were not working? A picture may help along with the VIN.

Marc
Oren_OP

Post by Oren_OP »

The central switch panel -see pic, all buttons not working (apart from the hazard warning and central locking)
Attachments
central switch panel
central switch panel
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

In that case no, there's likely something else going on. Check the rear connections, but it really needs a diagnostic to determine if it's the control panel or something else.

Marc
Oren_OP

Post by Oren_OP »

Ok, I'll try to check what's going on, thanks a lot