How can I put the fuel cover wire back in place?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
Lecit

How can I put the fuel cover wire back in place?

Unread post by Lecit »

Hello,

The car is Citroen C1 Mk2 (2018)

About a year ago, the cable that is attached to the plastic lever that opens the fuel cover disconnected from its place, and ever since I've been pulling the cable with my hand instead of using the lever:

But is there any way I can fix that? I find it hard to figure it out

Thanks
Last edited by Lecit on 06 Jun 2024, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: How can I put the fuel cover wire back in place?

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

The cable has probably either come out of the rear of the plastic flap or broken the plastic that holds it on. The plastic flaps are still available from Citroen / Peugeot or even Toyota (as it's basically an AYGO) and they are about £25 UK. So you should be able to get a replacement flap for it.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Lecit

Unread post by Lecit »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 06 Jun 2024, 20:04 The cable has probably either come out of the rear of the plastic flap or broken the plastic that holds it on. The plastic flaps are still available from Citroen / Peugeot or even Toyota (as it's basically an AYGO) and they are about £25 UK. So you should be able to get a replacement flap for it.
thank you, do you have a link or image so I see what part you mean was broken?

In my case is there a chance nothing was broken just moved out of place maybe due to applying to much force? Because when I take the lever completely off, I don't see any broken parts
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

As you can see there are fittings on the back of the flap where the cable is inserted. You'll have to check to see if it has just come out or if anything has broken.
c1 fule release.png
The whole flap unit just seems to be held in place by the white plastic peg.

Marc
Lecit

Unread post by Lecit »

Thank you! Yes the white plastic holds the lever and the metal head goes inside the lever itself. Now in my case the plastic is screwed to the dashboard and judging by the image you send, I should remove the white plastic completely. (The black lever itself is removable from the side pins, but the white is stuck inside - need to figure how to take it out)
Lecit

Unread post by Lecit »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 06 Jun 2024, 20:19 As you can see there are fittings on the back of the flap where the cable is inserted. You'll have to check to see if it has just come out or if anything has broken.

The whole flap unit just seems to be held in place by the white plastic peg.
Btw, could you please provide a link this part? I am not sure what to search or how it's called
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Happy to provide official part numbers but this will require a membership upgrade (see below), so if this is a one-off, you will be better off just asking your dealership for the item and they can order it in.

We can help if you need an original genuine part number, part diagram or factory build sheet and can't already find the info you need on the Forum. For this service, we do ask for a membership upgrade for official parts data as we are in turn charged for this. It will cover you for future part number requests for up to 2 years, so excellent value.

If interested, links are below, then provide your vehicle's VIN in full, which will be masked automatically when you submit your post.
A response to your question by a Forum Admin requiring parts or specific vehicle information requires you
to have made a current contribution
(Min. £10 / €11.48 or equivalent) to the Forum.
To Upgrade Your Membership & Donate Click Here

For Further Information About Vehicle Parts and VIN Numbers Click Here

Marc