Help Identifying C4 Picasso engine code

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ringworm

Help Identifying C4 Picasso engine code

Post by ringworm »

Hi
Am hoping someone can help me identify which engine should be in my petrol Citroen C4 Picasso (2014 VTR+).
I am looking into getting the current engine either repaired or replaced (too long a story to unpack here). I know the engine type from the VIN and it is a 5FS I can see the large stamp on the side of the engine block with the Citroen and Peugeot logos and it says ep2p. However the mechanic has identified a different code for the vehicle ep6c.
I have had so much bother with this car that i am suspicious (paranoid!) that the ep2p engine was put in the car as a bodge job to sell it on to me.
Can anyone here help me identify which it should be or what the difference is. I don't want to buy the wrong replacement.
Thanks
Al
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Help Identifying C4 Picasso engine code

Post by GiveMeABreak »

We can help if you need an original genuine part number, part diagram or factory build sheet and can't already find the info you need on the Forum. For this service, we do ask for a membership upgrade for official parts data as we are in turn charged for this. It will cover you for future part number requests for up to 2 years, so excellent value.

If interested, links are below, then provide your vehicle's VIN in full, which will be masked automatically when you submit your post.
A response to your question by a Forum Admin requiring parts or specific vehicle information requires you
to have made a current contribution
(Min. £10 / €11.48 or equivalent) to the Forum.
To Upgrade Your Membership & Donate Click Here

For Further Information About Vehicle Parts and VIN Numbers Click Here
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
citroenguy
(Donor 2021)

Post by citroenguy »

Hi
5FS and EP6C means the same thing.

5FS, 5FV, RFJ is the sort of VIN derived engine code, EP6C tells you that it is an EP famliy engine, 6 = 1.6 litre and C is the variant. One letter usually means a non turbo charged engine or the revision of the engine.
I have various repair handbooks and wiring diagrams for C5 mk1, Xantia, XM, Berlingo and C3 mk1.
I have Lexia/Diagbox (Sweden) and Servicebox/sedre
ringworm

Post by ringworm »

Thanks! I had wondered what the EP2P on the side of the engine block was?