citroen c3 1.6L 2007 unable to start

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Coldxzero

citroen c3 1.6L 2007 unable to start

Post by Coldxzero »

Hello brothers,

I am from Oman, I has Citroen c3 1.6 L 2007 I love my car, but something strange happen, before car stuck on 3rd gear I changed solenoid valves 2 sensors but still sometimes stuck also its not smooth after I got star ( snow) and sport (s) on dashboard lighting always , one garage told me selector switch need replacement. So the strange thing start here ! I tried to move gearbox cable by my hand take it front and back I was think that will remove snow and sport light BUT suddenly car unable to start again, its give battery light , I bought new battery but still battery light. its now 15 days in parking can't fix my car. I believe that the issue nor serious issue but dunno what happened maybe gear not on P park, but how to solve this issue also the starter was tick not no any tick from starter.
The car give symptoms like there are circuit short because there is no enough power to start the car.
also dynamo charger is good and battery is new.
wheeler

Re: citroen c3 1.6L 2007 unable to start

Post by wheeler »

Sounds to me like the internal gear position selector has not been set up correctly when it was re fitted, there is a special tool for this but its easy enough to fabricate one.
If the car doesn't know what gear it is in then it will not start.
AL4 tool.jpg
AL4-1.jpg
AL4-2.jpg