hard suspension c5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

thom0385

hard suspension c5

Post by thom0385 »

Hello
I have a problem with the suspension on my C5 X7 2,0 aut. I have changed the 2 front spheres but it's still very hard as if its constantly in SPORT mode. I have checked the fuses and they are fine. Can it be an electric fault? It is only hard in the front and normal in the rear.
Best greetings
Thomas
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: hard suspension c5

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Read my post here on the correct bleeding procedure:

viewtopic.php?p=648493#p648493
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
GolfMk1Vr6

Post by GolfMk1Vr6 »

I have the same issue, any updates?
Kees
Donor 2024

Post by Kees »

It seems to become an epidemic.
I noticed that each time this problem occurred, they only replace the corner sphere's.
In my last post i described a theory about this issue.
So you have to replace the center sphere also!!
Some people say that is very difficult, because the subframe has to be removed, well this is not true, how to do this the easy way is just remove the left drive shaft and a 6mm nut under the subframe to loosen the airco tube.
Then you can hammer with a chisel from the left side the sphere loose, and you have enough room to turn it from beneath the subframe with your hands.
Also remember the center sphere provides the smooth ride, not the corner sphere's!!
Greetings,
Kees.
thom0385

Post by thom0385 »

Thank you for the inputs. I have tried the bleeding proceedure and its still hard. Its like constant in sport mode. I will take a look at the center spfere, but i was a little sad to see the location. Thanks for the advice about removing the driveshaft it seems easier than removing the subframe. I will also carry out a Lexi check and give an up date about what it says. Im wondering if there is a solenoid or valve that could be the problem?
Best greetings Thomas
Kees
Donor 2024

Post by Kees »

About the sport mode, there is a misunderstanding over this stand.
If you put the car in sport mode then there is in the beginning no difference between the normal mode.
There is no valve that comes in or out.
What change is the software.
The parameters/threshold are changed.
So if you ride a flat asphalt road, you will notice no difference between the 2 stands, only when the road becomes more bumpy you will see the car behavior is stiffer.
There are more parameters witch have influence between the 2 stands of the switch.
You can see this behavior with the diagbox.
Greetings,
Kees.