Change the water cooling manifold 1336 x3 behind the engine 1.6 HDI in a Xsara Picasso

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Drawork

Change the water cooling manifold 1336 x3 behind the engine 1.6 HDI in a Xsara Picasso

Post by Drawork »

Hi everyone, I'm new in the forum, I bought a Xsara Picasso 1.6 HDI with FAP 110CV in August 2022 and It has been working perfectly. I knew I had to do a couple of things like change the glow plugs or other things that weren't "Vital". The other day an error related to the EGR showed up in the OBD2 and I decided to solve both problems and clean the inyectors.

Everything is going very well, some glow peaks broke inside but I know how to solve it, some injectors had some leaks from the piston and there was plenty of black rubber, but it's solved now.

The main problem appeared when I was removing the EGR, there was a hose behind, a really rigid hose, it was unplugged and I just bent it a little bit to unscrew the EGR and the hose directly broke as hard caramel.

I've been doing my research and I need the piece 1336 x3, the water cooling manifold that comes from the water pump.

But I found this post viewtopic.php?t=62413 with a C4 Picasso that at some point, the manufacturers decided that it was a better option to use the LE-2015 (- 1336 V3(1) + 1340 72(1) + 6980 44(1)) instead of 1336 x3 both having the exactly same engine, pieces and everything.

Could someone suggest or help me with this doubt? Should I change to 1336 x3 or maybe "upgrade" to 1336 v3? Both are very very similar, it seems that the 1336 v3 version has some improvements from the x3 version but I can't find any updated car catalogue for Xsara Picasso or someone talking about how to change it, what piece to use, the best option, if a flexible option could be possible (flexible options are offered in AutoDoc, Oscaro...)

Thank you in advance to everyone
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Re: Change the water cooling manifold 1336 x3 behind the engine 1.6 HDI in a Xsara Picasso

Post by RichardW »

There seem to be lots of aftermarket ones available - the alternative part number may be a bit cheaper, and slightly easier to fit. As I said in that other thread, I am not at all sure how you would change this - got to be driveshaft out at least. I do wonder if you need to remove the water pump to free the bottom end.
Richard W
Drawork

Re: Change the water cooling manifold 1336 x3 behind the engine 1.6 HDI in a Xsara Picasso

Post by Drawork »

RichardW wrote: 23 Apr 2024, 11:18 There seem to be lots of aftermarket ones available - the alternative part number may be a bit cheaper, and slightly easier to fit. As I said in that other thread, I am not at all sure how you would change this - got to be driveshaft out at least. I do wonder if you need to remove the water pump to free the bottom end.
But, is the V3 version good for this model? I'm a bit confused because your information on the other post is updated to 2018 while all the data I found for my model is from 2011, and maybe the information that I found wasn't updated.

I've seen a lot of flexible alternatives, but I'm not sure about how good is to use this solution. Any suggestion?

thank you for your comment