Correct way to bleed the clutch cylinder

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Disaster189

Correct way to bleed the clutch cylinder

Post by Disaster189 »

Hello, could someone confirm the correct way to bleed the clutch cylinder in a Citroen C5 II 2006 FAP 136CV?

I also need to replace or clean PCV and change the gaskets on the high engine cover (rocker cover I think it's called). Is there a correct manual or procedure to do it?

Thanks in advance.
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Re: Correct way to bleed the clutch cylinder

Post by PaulC5 »

To bleed the clutch I have always found it easiest to suck the fluid through using a Mityvac pump on the slave cylinder bleed screw but a large syringe would probably do. The brake fluid level has to be kept high in the reservoir since the clutch outlet is not that low. Trying to bleed it pushing the pedal down does not seem to work that well.
Disaster189

Post by Disaster189 »

PaulC5 wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 12:37 To bleed the clutch I have always found it easiest to suck the fluid through using a Mityvac pump on the slave cylinder bleed screw but a large syringe would probably do. The brake fluid level has to be kept high in the reservoir since the clutch outlet is not that low. Trying to bleed it pushing the pedal down does not seem to work that well.
Thank you very much, I will do it this way, although I would like to know what Citroen orders to do. PCV valve on the 136hp engine I don't see how to clean it, my car has practically 415,000km on it and I wanted to change the gaskets and clean the PCV. Another thing I have pending is to know where the air conditioning drain is located and to check the distribution again (it was done 3000km ago) but my ear says that something is not right, since I hear a slight metallic noise as if the hydraulic tappets They will sound louder than before, that tells me that something was not correct and needs to be checked again.
Disaster189

Post by Disaster189 »

so I found a video on how to change the upper engine cover, although it does not indicate the tightening torque, the correct adjustment of the crankshaft sensor, etc...

Disaster189

Post by Disaster189 »

viewtopic.php?t=60717&start=15

I found more information, although I did not find the correct tightening torque and official information
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I can put up the correct official procedure for you in the Resources section, but this will require a membership upgrade to access. Let me know if this will help, meanwhile membership upgrade details below:
We can help if you need an original genuine part number, part diagram or factory build sheet and can't already find the info you need on the Forum. For this service, we do ask for a membership upgrade for official parts data as we are in turn charged for this. It will cover you for future part number requests for up to 2 years, so excellent value.

If interested, links are below, then provide your vehicle's VIN in full, which will be masked automatically when you submit your post.
A response to your question by a Forum Admin requiring parts or specific vehicle information requires you
to have made a current contribution
(Min. £10 / €11.48 or equivalent) to the Forum.
To Upgrade Your Membership & Donate Click Here

For Further Information About Vehicle Parts and VIN Numbers Click Here
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Disaster189

Post by Disaster189 »

thanks! I found the information, 9nm is the correct torque, I will do the work in the next few days along with the new clutch cylinder

I hope to solve the clutch vibration that it produces when leaving (they installed valeo single mass clutch 60,000km ago) and it shakes when leaving, very annoying