Infotainment system

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TallPaul73

Re: Infotainment system

Post by TallPaul73 »

Yeah i have a couple of sandisk flash drives somwhere
TallPaul73

Post by TallPaul73 »

I think its time to admit defeat. Thanks for your help Marc. 4 different usb keys tried 1 being brand new and still getting version not compatible with hardware message
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

So just to confirm you have on the USB:

SWL Folder: With various files and subfolders
Updateinfo.XML File: In the route of the USB
'license' folder: In the route of the USB, spelled exactly as I have it here with the licence file inside the folder?

If this is all correct and the USB is FAT32 formatted, then I can't assist further, sorry. There must be something else going on locally, as I've done hundreds of these now.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
TallPaul73

Post by TallPaul73 »

All as u have stated... muct be soemthing wrong. Could be possible why its never been updated. Ill probably book it in at some point.

Thanks for all your help
TallPaul73

Post by TallPaul73 »

Can i just check.. it doesnt say in the instructions about putting the xml file in the usb root.... should i do this?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The XML file should be there when you extract the firmware tot he USB - it gets put there automatically and is what the Head Unit looks for to do the update. If this files is not there it won't update or know where to look for the files.

Marc
TallPaul73

Post by TallPaul73 »

When i extracted the files to the usb they both show and then i created the license folder.
Ill double check its in the root. This will be my last try lol.... then ill just pay DS. They quoted me £78 to do it but i have to leave my car with them which is a pain
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, fingers crossed!

Marc
TallPaul73

Post by TallPaul73 »

It was in the root... theres obviously some other issue.... gonna have to bite the bullet and pay the dealer.
Also came across this
https://www.sigmacarstereo.com/wireless ... tv-kit-box

Anyone tried something like this?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Won't look very good in the car - as the DS5 has many controls on the centre console. Mounting may be an issue too, so I'd get the dealer to sort it first, as that's a good price considering.

It may be the initial firmware update that's the issue. As a last shot, this is the firmware that is one version ahead of the one you have:

Firmware V7.1.4

May be worth a go just to see if it wants this before it will update to a later version.

Marc
TallPaul73

Post by TallPaul73 »

Anything is worth a try lol

The unit is hidden behind the gead unit so ots a console out job.... rather not if i can hel it lol
MacSlavko

Post by MacSlavko »

Hi Marc and Paul,
If I may add a line or two about this;

Many have tried to upgrade the software (firmware) on NAC Wave1 but sadly to no avail.

1) Head unit in question here is also NAC Wave1 which only supports CarPlay. For both CarPlay and AndroidAuto, you'd need next hardware version; NAC Wave2 (end of 2016 - 2018).

2) Both sw versions for Wave1 (7.3.1-r1 and 7.3.1-r3) have expired credentials by manufacturer (Continental) so no matter how you prepare the sw upgrade files (through Desktop aplication or by manually download and transfer to USB pen drive) it just won't work in the car and user will face a message like "software incompatible with hardware". Even a dealership garage will get the same message as on the Stellantis servers's side that upgrade doesn't go through - due to said expired credentials.

My guess is that Continental doesn't bother to renew those credentials as NAC Wave1 is present in roughly 6-7% of Stellantis vehicles and they actually leave it as it is (obsolete).
Even Wave2 had several months of expired credentials back in 2023, but it's the mostly spread infotainment system in Stellantis vehicles (over 35%) so they fixed it after a few months of halt and it bacame "ugradable" again. Wave 3 and 4 don't seem to have faced this issue (yet).

3) Software 7.1.4 for W1 won't help either as it's older than the current Paul's version (7.3.1-rx). NAC can't be downgraded with earlier sw and even if it could - I suppose we would face expired credentials again.

4) Carlinkit was mentioned earlier. Version 4 seems to support both CP and AA even if factory head unit supports only CP.
Haven't tried it myself as I've got Wave2 with built in CP and AA (aided with Carlinkit 5 for wireless CP), but description and pictures provided on manufacturer's web-site [https://www.carlinkit.store/products/ca ... car-models] seem to indicate in that direction... Worth further investigation as the software route with Wave1 unfortunatelly is a dead-end. Plus the Carlinkit devices are now on reduced prices (bought mine a few days ago on Aliexpres for 45€).

PS: No intention to play smart here. Just hopeing to help to solve this issue!
Attachments
Slika zaslona 2024-03-21 u 20.34.00.png
Slika zaslona 2024-03-21 u 20.16.02.png
Last edited by MacSlavko on 21 Mar 2024, 20:19, edited 3 times in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, chip in no problems Mac - I kind of had a suspicion that this may be the case, but what you've said seems to confirm the case. My only thoughts about the carlinkit from a cursory glance was that it needed to be supported on the original head unit to start with - but may be wrong there.

I'm Wave 2 also, but everything's working perfectly, and I hope that remains!

Marc
TallPaul73

Post by TallPaul73 »

Thanks for the heads up. Spoke to DS uk and was told they cant do anything and to "try" a dealership after the dealership told me to try DS uk... i may give the carlinkit 4 a go and hooe for the best
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Just keep everything including the packaging in pristine condition, especially when opening, and then if bought from somewhere like an online retailer that sounds like a jungle, then you should be able to return it under 'defective, not working' option for a full refund, including postage.

Marc