Peugeot Partner Bumper Trim Clips

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Clankyt

Peugeot Partner Bumper Trim Clips

Post by Clankyt »

Hi all,
Trying to sort out my Dads WAV after discovering the garage had hidden past damage by glueing everything up.... #-o

I fitted a new washer bottle and fog light but the corner panel is missing clips to secure it to the bumper. A visit to the local dealer proved fruitless as they supposedly come with the panel itself. So before i resort to similar tactics with some glue, can anybody help me identify the correct type so i can search on ebay for replacements? TIA!
PXL_20230916_121513343c.jpg
PXL_20230916_121520459c.jpg
Clankyt

Re: Peugeot Partner Bumper Trim Clips

Post by Clankyt »

Hello again, any help really appreciated!!!!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's correct, the corner trim for the fog lamp is supplied with the fixings and are not supplied separately. Be aware the trim can have different part numbers depending on version and build date. If you get stuck for official part numbers - see below:

If you need an original, genuine part number or part diagram, and can't already find the info you need on the Forum, we do ask for a membership upgrade for official parts data as we are in turn charged for this. It will cover you for future part number requests for up to 2 years, so excellent value.

If interested, links are below, then pop your VIN up.
A response to your question by a Forum Admin requiring parts or additional information requires you to have made a current contribution (£10 min.) to the Forum.
To Upgrade Your Membership & Donate Click Here

For Further Information About Vehicle Parts and VIN Numbers Click Here
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Clankyt

Post by Clankyt »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 18 Sep 2023, 13:39 That's correct, the corner trim for the fog lamp is supplied with the fixings and are not supplied separately. Be aware the trim can have different part numbers depending on version and build date.
Hi, I have the part number print out from my local dealer but i was hoping that if someone can post a picture of the actual clip in question, i can find something comparable on ebay. As ever theres an absolute plethora of clips available so was hoping that i can find one to suit.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You can't! The clips are part of the the trim, that's what I should of said - they are NOT separate so there is nothing to attach - see here where the fastenings are moulded onto the trim:
partner trim.PNG

Marc
Clankyt

Post by Clankyt »

Well theyre missing from my trim so im assuming its therefore possible to remove?

Edit: Just seen your photo and thats seems to be exactly as i have. The mechanic at the main dealer definitely told me that there are clips necessary to attach this trim.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

They've probably broken off. These are usually removed from the inside of the bumper, pressing them in and swing out towards the exterior. It may therefore only be being held on by the other fixings.

Marc
Clankyt

Post by Clankyt »

s-l1600.jpg
Done a bit more digging and this picture shows the clips i need. Look removable to me?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

My picture was more from the other side, but you'll have to do some digging as they're not shown on parts for the trims. Although PSA have a clips catalogue, there are hundred of types but without a frame of reference will be very difficult to see if any bear resemblance.

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Sounds like a job for strong double sided adhesive tape to me!
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I think that was what the last person used!

Marc