206cc to a 308cc How ? Why ? Everything 308cc

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Re: 206cc to a 308cc How ? Why ? Everything 308cc

Post by Huskyxantia »

Its amazing what you find when ...
Attachments
20230904_164358.jpg
Husky. :?
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

What am I looking for?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
MattBLancs
Donor 2024

Post by MattBLancs »

Looks like a cam pulley 180° out to me (spin the crank twice more!)
This 'ole 'ere supposed t'line up with that 'ole there!
This 'ole 'ere supposed t'line up with that 'ole there!
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

It still starts up ok , reason i checked , service history said changed full cambelt kit 2018 at 92500 miles so i checked & belt looks good but when i saw the yellow paint dots i lined them up and that photo i took shows my confusion. How ever i lineed the top hole up and the bottom lined up spot on , but the paint mark is in a different position, i thought it might of been done due to the cam shaft oil seal being replaced and the mechanic being a bit lazy ?
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Cleaned and inspected the brakes today only to find 1 rear pad worn more than the other 3 . New set on order so will re-clean and replace the whole lot. Update will follow with some photos
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Sticking piston?
ChrisRobin

Post by ChrisRobin »

Or poorly adjusted brakes at last pad fit, make sure the caliper sliders are free and lubricated if they are tight/dry that can lead to uneven pad wear, also make sure were the pads sit in the caliper there are two flat surface the pad sits in make sure all the crud and old brake dust and rust is all avidly wire brushed off to make sure when the piston is release (foot off brake) the piston returns slightly the pad moves on these flats away from the disc, only slightly but it does, it if does not move away you get pad wear as the disc is constantly rubbing on it.
Make sure your handbrake cable goes fully back to the stop on the caliper, otherwise auto adjustment wont take place, have a look to so if there is a spring on both brake calliper handbrake levers, this spring pulls the lever back to the stop on the caliper, our 308cc already had them on, but the 307cc we had did not neither did my Megane Mk2 or 3 have them, if it does not you can get them off ebay around £6 to £9.
If you are going to change rear discs be careful, make sure you read fully on how to, Not sure on the 308 set up not done mine yet but I changed my 307 rears and you are told to remove the abs sensor, I didn't never done this before to any other car ???? put it all together ran it down the road ABS light straight away, eh! reason for this as I found out the sensor needs to be removed and the mount cleaned of rust is it pushed the sensor toward the ABS ring, when the new discs are fitted the sensor can catch the ring (as mine did on one side) and took some of the coating off it, thus putting on ABS light, saved the day by gently prising off the old ring from the old disc and putting it on the new disc, and it worked, so just be aware of that if you change the discs as I said I don't know yet if the setup is the same as the 307, it looks like it is but not sure until I delve into it, thought it might be worth a mention.
Last edited by ChrisRobin on 14 Sep 2023, 09:53, edited 1 time in total.
Just Remember;Where ever you go, There you are !
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

The dealer i got the car from did spend some money on the car both rear wheel bearings new, brakes all round are new , BUT the rear calipers were not cleaned properly, few days back i stripped them and cleaned them as best as i could but the piston is the problem so I've ordered new calipers and brake pipes so by next week middle of , there all be done. Shame really can't blame the dealer more like a lazy mechanic not bothering to spend a few minutes cleaning .
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

ChrisRobin wrote: 14 Sep 2023, 09:40 Or poorly adjusted brakes at last pad fit, make sure the caliper sliders are free and lubricated if they are tight/dry that can lead to uneven pad wear, also make sure were the pads sit in the caliper there are two flat surface the pad sits in make sure all the crud and old brake dust and rust is all avidly wire brushed off to make sure when the piston is release (foot off brake) the piston returns slightly the pad moves on these flats away from the disc, only slightly but it does, it if does not move away you get pad wear as the disc is constantly rubbing on it.
Make sure your handbrake cable goes fully back to the stop on the caliper, otherwise auto adjustment wont take place, have a look to so if there is a spring on both brake calliper handbrake levers, this spring pulls the lever back to the stop on the caliper, our 308cc already had them on, but the 307cc we had did not neither did my Megane Mk2 or 3 have them, if it does not you can get them off ebay around £6 to £9.
If you are going to change rear discs be careful, make sure you read fully on how to, Not sure on the 308 set up not done mine yet but I changed my 307 rears and you are told to remove the abs sensor, I didn't never done this before to any other car ???? put it all together ran it down the road ABS light straight away, eh! reason for this as I found out the sensor needs to be removed and the mount cleaned of rust is it pushed the sensor toward the ABS ring, when the new discs are fitted the sensor can catch the ring (as mine did on one side) and took some of the coating off it, thus putting on ABS light, saved the day by gently prising off the old ring from the old disc and putting it on the new disc, and it worked, so just be aware of that if you change the discs as I said I don't know yet if the setup is the same as the 307, it looks like it is but not sure until I delve into it, thought it might be worth a mention.
don't think ive ever removed the abs sensor regarding brake pad change didnt the other day when i was cleaning and lubbing everything up , i knew the piston wasn't that good so im using my other car till the 308 is sorted.
ChrisRobin

Post by ChrisRobin »

I read it on the web somewhere and I also thought Oh never removed them before, so I never bothered..... it was driver side that played up and gouged the what looked like rubber coating off the ring in one place, may be I didn't get the disc on squarely then I don't know but it was a bit of hassle at the time, not done the rears on the 308 yet.
Just Remember;Where ever you go, There you are !
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

So we failed our 1st mot together and my first in 14 yrs !
2 coil springs driver side front & rear. Jobs all done now retest then ended with an advisory for top tie rod play in the balls joint didnt think inspecting other components was allowed ? ONLY what it failed on, oh well i will take this as a heads up for next yr.
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

This is a 307 . But its the same as 308cc rear shock replacement.
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Also this video is 307 this is the same set up as my 308cc
This and the video above was my recent project now all done.

Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Even though ive repaired my front end here is more or less what i did. (Not me in videos , for reference only )
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

Our 308CC has developed a metallic clunk from the left rear which only occurs when driving over a sharp ridge. It sounds like the exhaust hitting the body, or maybe a metal-on-metal joint in the suspension. I have been under the car a couple of times, but cannot see any problem. I also thought that it might be the underbody bracing bars, and have checked the tightness of those and the rubber spaces where they cross or pass close to the body.