Exhausts on a Xsara Picasso

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Brian60
My Cars: Citroen Xsara Picasso

Exhausts on a Xsara Picasso

Post by Brian60 »

Just a quickie.

Is there a difference on the exhausts fitted to left and right hand drive Xsara Picasso's? Mine is a right hand drive registered for use in Spain ( it was cheaper than buying a new car!) Now the exhaust middle box has developed a blow. I took it to a local tyre and exhaust shop who advertise on their website a middle section for 133€ plus 30€ fitting, only when I got there they told me it was 300€ for the exhaust because its different for a right hand drive! :rofl2: Advice appreciated, I could drive it back to the UK for that money and have it done there, well maybe not now considering the price of petrol :rofl2:
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Exhausts on a Xsara Picasso

Post by RichardW »

What engine?
Richard W
Brian60

Post by Brian60 »

Sorry should have added that info........1.6 petrol 16 valve
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

There is no difference in the exhaust between RHD & LHD on this car.
Brian60

Post by Brian60 »

Just a quick update on this. Although there does not appear visually to be any difference at all between r and l hand drive. I have been to 4 shops to have it replaced, all of them pulled out their ordering sheets and everyone of them had a different part number for the two exhausts! The only difference being the price, LHD was 127euro + fittting charge, the RHD equivalent was 300euro + fitting charge! I eventually had it replaced by an English mechanic in a nearby town, who offered to order the LHD, try it and return it if it didn't fit - he made it fit and recharged my aircon for 200€.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Brian60 wrote: 05 Jun 2022, 14:18I eventually had it replaced by an English mechanic ... LHD ... he made it fit ...
That implies that there was something that stopped the exhaust from fitting straight away. Any idea what he had to do to get it to fit?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The Citroen parts database does not offer any option of choosing RHD or LHD if you select without a VIN filter suggesting they are both the same part number?
I really cant think what could be different about the exhausts apart from maybe the down pipe as it passed over the steering rack?? you were needing the middle section though.
I often find with cheap aftermarket exhausts you need to 'tweak' them to fit a lot of the time.