Windscreen wipers and lights starts to flash when you turn off the car citroen C3 II 2010 1.6 HDI 92 HP

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

almamater12

Windscreen wipers and lights starts to flash when you turn off the car citroen C3 II 2010 1.6 HDI 92 HP

Post by almamater12 »

CAR:
Citroen C3 II 2010 1.6 HDI 92 HP

lets start from the beginning, I was driving for about 1 hour, when I heard a BEEP, the ESP light was suddenly on, stopped the car, did a inspection and found nothing, when I started the car and was going to drive the power steering was very hard not off just quite firm ( this car got a fully electric power steering) anyhow kept driving for another 4 hours to my final destination, turned off the ignition, and suddenly the windscreen vipers came on while the lights flashing like you would do when you warn people, I got the key in my hand at this point, staring at the monster that has kept me awake for the last two weeks, Opening the trunk I could hear like 3 or 4 relays going at it, clickelickelick like real fast. after 2 minutes or so it stops, 2 days later when I used the car again, all was normal, power steering is back, all is well, until I turn off the car, then the wipers and lights start. Now, I have done a lot of testing, the power steering is a 50/50 if it works or not when restarting the car, when it is firm the sensor say the car moves in 110 KMH, which would explain the firmness, but 110 ? I`m standing still! I bought a factory new BSM ? the fuse box with the relays and circuit board, and nothing still same problem, I have pinged all the main harness contacts from the BSI to the BCM, so its not an open circuit, I know when this happens, the car looses communications with all the other modules, I am stating to think, maybe its the Com2000 ? the board with all the switches for the steering wheel... but I do not know, maby its the BSI needing a reprogram ? do any of you have any information or knowledge of this ? I would be grateful

/best regards
Atle.
Last edited by almamater12 on 23 May 2022, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.
wheeler

Re: Windscreen wipers and lights starts to flash when you turn off the car citroen C3 II 2010 1.6 HDI 92 HP

Post by wheeler »

Does the horn work and does it work when the faults are happening?
When you say BCM do you mean the under bonnet fusebox (BSM)?
almamater12

Re: Windscreen wipers and lights starts to flash when you turn off the car citroen C3 II 2010 1.6 HDI 92 HP

Post by almamater12 »

Horn works perfectly when ignition is on, I haven't tested it while the incident is going on, but I can say that locking the car takes a few tries with the button on the key, due to the fact the system is busy, I can test if you think its relevant ? yes i do mean the BSM
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If it is a glitch (as opposed to a real problem) there is something you might want to try. In the cabin fuse box will be one marked SH or SHUNT. This has two possible positions, and it should be un the customer position. Try moving the SHUNT to the other position for a couple of minutes, and then back to the customer position.

The reason I suggest this is that, years ago, my company Xsara Picasso threw a similar 'fit' (in that, when I got back to it after completing a call, the dashboard was lit up and flashing). The RAC man moved the SHUNT, waited for 2 minutes, then moved it back. The car then worked properly.
almamater12

Post by almamater12 »

tested the horns and they didn't work while the witch craft was going on, but it gave me two beeps in between, like it had it in its buffer to activate the horn when it could, i tried the SH and something happened, got a click, and then the wipers was still, but no power steering, and next reset, it was back, so my guess is a coincidence.
dave

Post by dave »

dash cam / phone charger ect.. pluged into the cig lighter ?
almamater12

Post by almamater12 »

tried unhooking everything and still witchcraft, new battery too well 5 months or so old.