Windscreen wipers and lights starts to flash when you turn off the car citroen C3 II 2010 1.6 HDI 92 HP

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

almamater12
My Cars: Citroen C3 II

Windscreen wipers and lights starts to flash when you turn off the car citroen C3 II 2010 1.6 HDI 92 HP

Post by almamater12 »

CAR:
Citroen C3 II 2010 1.6 HDI 92 HP

lets start from the beginning, I was driving for about 1 hour, when I heard a BEEP, the ESP light was suddenly on, stopped the car, did a inspection and found nothing, when I started the car and was going to drive the power steering was very hard not off just quite firm ( this car got a fully electric power steering) anyhow kept driving for another 4 hours to my final destination, turned off the ignition, and suddenly the windscreen vipers came on while the lights flashing like you would do when you warn people, I got the key in my hand at this point, staring at the monster that has kept me awake for the last two weeks, Opening the trunk I could hear like 3 or 4 relays going at it, clickelickelick like real fast. after 2 minutes or so it stops, 2 days later when I used the car again, all was normal, power steering is back, all is well, until I turn off the car, then the wipers and lights start. Now, I have done a lot of testing, the power steering is a 50/50 if it works or not when restarting the car, when it is firm the sensor say the car moves in 110 KMH, which would explain the firmness, but 110 ? I`m standing still! I bought a factory new BSM ? the fuse box with the relays and circuit board, and nothing still same problem, I have pinged all the main harness contacts from the BSI to the BCM, so its not an open circuit, I know when this happens, the car looses communications with all the other modules, I am stating to think, maybe its the Com2000 ? the board with all the switches for the steering wheel... but I do not know, maby its the BSI needing a reprogram ? do any of you have any information or knowledge of this ? I would be grateful

/best regards
Atle.
Last edited by almamater12 on 23 May 2022, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Windscreen wipers and lights starts to flash when you turn off the car citroen C3 II 2010 1.6 HDI 92 HP

Post by wheeler »

Does the horn work and does it work when the faults are happening?
When you say BCM do you mean the under bonnet fusebox (BSM)?
almamater12

Re: Windscreen wipers and lights starts to flash when you turn off the car citroen C3 II 2010 1.6 HDI 92 HP

Post by almamater12 »

Horn works perfectly when ignition is on, I haven't tested it while the incident is going on, but I can say that locking the car takes a few tries with the button on the key, due to the fact the system is busy, I can test if you think its relevant ? yes i do mean the BSM
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If it is a glitch (as opposed to a real problem) there is something you might want to try. In the cabin fuse box will be one marked SH or SHUNT. This has two possible positions, and it should be un the customer position. Try moving the SHUNT to the other position for a couple of minutes, and then back to the customer position.

The reason I suggest this is that, years ago, my company Xsara Picasso threw a similar 'fit' (in that, when I got back to it after completing a call, the dashboard was lit up and flashing). The RAC man moved the SHUNT, waited for 2 minutes, then moved it back. The car then worked properly.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
almamater12

Post by almamater12 »

tested the horns and they didn't work while the witch craft was going on, but it gave me two beeps in between, like it had it in its buffer to activate the horn when it could, i tried the SH and something happened, got a click, and then the wipers was still, but no power steering, and next reset, it was back, so my guess is a coincidence.
dave

Post by dave »

dash cam / phone charger ect.. pluged into the cig lighter ?
almamater12

Post by almamater12 »

tried unhooking everything and still witchcraft, new battery too well 5 months or so old.
straw walker
My Cars: citroen c3

Post by straw walker »

Did you find out what caused the problem ? The same thing happened to me today
neil9417
New User
My Cars: Citroen DS3 65 plate
Renault V6
Renault 5 turbo

Post by neil9417 »

Have a DS3 65 plate and out of the blue when I turn the engine off and take the key out the lights blink and the wipers mover for about 2 mins then stop
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Which lights blink?
Front or Rear Wiper?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
straw walker
My Cars: citroen c3

Post by straw walker »

the headlights and the front wipers
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so my first thoughts will be either the comms unit or the Engine Fuse box. Can you pop your VIN up (please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff), so I can check the most likely candidate.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Do the lights & wipers work as they should when the engine is running?
Have yo tried a BSI reset?
Any aftermarket electrical equipment fitted?
Was any work or repairs done on the car just before the fault started?
Sniped
New User
My Cars: Ds3 racing and a diesel ds3

Post by Sniped »

Did you have any luck with the fault finding? I have the same issue. Wipers going with no key and the headlights not turning off, I’m also getting a fault on the dash saying pre-tensioner fault. Ds3 diesel 2010. Tried another bsi unit but still the same, soon as I connect the battery it all kicks off? I’ve read a few people have had the issues so I assume someone knows the answer 🤷‍♂️
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

What else hade you tried? surely you never went straight for the BSI?

Any signs of water in the under bonnet fusebox?

Could be a BSM or comms unit fault, really needs more investigation first.