Alarm Location

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Suggy
Donor 2022
Posts: 17
Joined: 10 Aug 2021, 13:06

Alarm Location

Post by Suggy »

My Mk1 308 Sport didn't come with an alarm fitted and I'm looing at fitting one but I need some help with there the various modules are located/fitted in my car.
I tried Sedre backup but the information is missing.
I need to know where the main alarm ecu is located and where the siren is also located. Need to know is the wires are there so I can plug them in.

I think these are what's needed:-
1 ECU
2 Siren
3 Internal movement sensor
4 Button panel above the radio (This is coming with the new stereo)

Any help much appreciated
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 28480
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 3479

Re: Alarm Location

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I don't know any MK I 308s so far that had an alarm fitted, but you have forgotten the Bonnet sensor and the programming as well as the wiring that connects the Alarm ECU to the bonnet sensor, the earths, the BSI via the CAN High and CAN Low networks, the Ultrasonic interior sensors, the interior ultrasonic alarm neutralisation switch and the siren.

I should be able to get you a diagram of a 308 with an alarm, but you'll need to pop your VIN up first.
Suggy
Donor 2022
Posts: 17
Joined: 10 Aug 2021, 13:06

Re: Alarm Location

Post by Suggy »

Thanks for the reply
I have Diagbox and PP2000 so programming shouldn't be an issue. I did think off fitting an aftermarket alarm but don't want an extra fob on the key bunch
VIN 55003724

Didn't know if the wiring was already there with the cars wiring loom?
Attachments
Alarm.png
wheeler
Posts: 5801
Joined: 21 Sep 2002, 19:07
x 428

Re: Alarm Location

Post by wheeler »

You can get aftermarket CAN alarms hat use the existing keyfob, Cobra do them.
Suggy
Donor 2022
Posts: 17
Joined: 10 Aug 2021, 13:06

Re: Alarm Location

Post by Suggy »

wheeler wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 16:25
You can get aftermarket CAN alarms hat use the existing keyfob, Cobra do them.
What do you recommend? without selling a kidney
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 28480
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 3479

Re: Alarm Location

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Suggy wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 16:16
Thanks for the reply
I have Diagbox and PP2000 so programming shouldn't be an issue. I did think off fitting an aftermarket alarm but don't want an extra fob on the key bunch
VIN 55003724

Didn't know if the wiring was already there with the cars wiring loom?
The last 8 (VIS) are not recognised, so have another look, or type it in full (the VIN is automatically masked anyway on post submission).
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
Posts: 5927
Joined: 08 Jun 2011, 18:04
x 1419

Re: Alarm Location

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I'd recommend 'don't do it', after market alarms are notorious for causing battery drain problems as well as being a nuisance to neighbours when they go off for no good reason and fail to work when the thieves come around.
Put sticky labels on the windows saying alarm and tracker fitted, gets the same result without the cost or hassle. :wink:
Suggy
Donor 2022
Posts: 17
Joined: 10 Aug 2021, 13:06

Re: Alarm Location

Post by Suggy »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 16:49
Suggy wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 16:16
Thanks for the reply
I have Diagbox and PP2000 so programming shouldn't be an issue. I did think off fitting an aftermarket alarm but don't want an extra fob on the key bunch
VIN 55003724

Didn't know if the wiring was already there with the cars wiring loom?
The last 8 (VIS) are not recognised, so have another look, or type it in full (the VIN is automatically masked anyway on post submission).
VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 28480
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 3479

Re: Alarm Location

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Here you go...

Image
ElementDesignation
BB00Battery
BCM0Multifunction switch block
BSI1Built-in systems interface
CA00Ignition switch
CV00Switch module at the steering wheel (With integrated high-frequency receiver)
PSF1Connection board - fuse box - Engine compartment
2610Left-hand headlamp
2615Right-hand headlamp
2630Rear left lamp on body
2635Rear RH lamps (To body)
6202Driver´s door lock assembly
6207Passenger´s door lock assembly
6212Rear left-hand door lock assembly
6217Rear right-hand door lock assembly
6222Boot lock assembly
6232High frequency remote control
6411Exterior mirror (Left hand )
6416Right hand exterior rear view mirror
8209Transponder coil
8602Anti-theft alarm unit
8605Alarm siren
8611Bonnet switch
Suggy
Donor 2022
Posts: 17
Joined: 10 Aug 2021, 13:06

Re: Alarm Location

Post by Suggy »

Thanks
Found all the part on the net apart from the bonnet switch/censor
wheeler
Posts: 5801
Joined: 21 Sep 2002, 19:07
x 428

Re: Alarm Location

Post by wheeler »

Suggy wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 18:50
Thanks
Found all the part on the net apart from the bonnet switch/censor
The bonnet switch should be part no 633946, There's a brand new one on ebay just now for nearly half the dealer price.
GiveMeABreak wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 16:49
The last 8 (VIS) are not recognised, so have another look, or type it in full (the VIN is automatically masked anyway on post submission).
The Reason the VIS was not recognised is that there is another vehicle (a Vauxhall) with the exact same VIS.
There is also an outstanding quality campaign on this car (not saftey related) so you should contact a peugeot dealer about this.
Gibbo2286 wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 17:03
I'd recommend 'don't do it', after market alarms are notorious for causing battery drain problems as well as being a nuisance to neighbours when they go off for no good reason and fail to work when the thieves come around.
Really depends on the quality of the alarm & the quality of the installation. A decent CAN alarm like the Cobra 4600 series should do. PSA/Mitsubishi seem to think they are OK as they retrofitted them to all the C-Crosser & 4007 models they sold in the UK post manufacturing as they weren't available with factory fitted alarms.
Suggy
Donor 2022
Posts: 17
Joined: 10 Aug 2021, 13:06

Re: Alarm Location

Post by Suggy »

wheeler wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 14:05
Suggy wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 18:50
Thanks
Found all the part on the net apart from the bonnet switch/censor
The bonnet switch should be part no 633946, There's a brand new one on ebay just now for nearly half the dealer price.
GiveMeABreak wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 16:49
The last 8 (VIS) are not recognised, so have another look, or type it in full (the VIN is automatically masked anyway on post submission).
The Reason the VIS was not recognised is that there is another vehicle (a Vauxhall) with the exact same VIS.
There is also an outstanding quality campaign on this car (not saftey related) so you should contact a peugeot dealer about this. Which is what? please
Gibbo2286 wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 17:03
I'd recommend 'don't do it', after market alarms are notorious for causing battery drain problems as well as being a nuisance to neighbours when they go off for no good reason and fail to work when the thieves come around.
Really depends on the quality of the alarm & the quality of the installation. A decent CAN alarm like the Cobra 4600 series should do. PSA/Mitsubishi seem to think they are OK as they retrofitted them to all the C-Crosser & 4007 models they sold in the UK post manufacturing as they weren't available with factory fitted alarms.
Waiting for a reply from a supplier about one.
Suggy
Donor 2022
Posts: 17
Joined: 10 Aug 2021, 13:06

Re: Alarm Location

Post by Suggy »

Tried searching but unable to find any outstanding recalls. where did you find out please
wheeler
Posts: 5801
Joined: 21 Sep 2002, 19:07
x 428

Re: Alarm Location

Post by wheeler »

The recall info is from live servicebox.
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 28480
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 3479

Re: Alarm Location

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Just ring the dealer up and quote your VIN, they will be able to tell you what for and it won't cost you anything. It's probably not a safety recall, just an issue in aftersales that needs attention.