Replace RT3 to RNEG - problems

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

SHAKAL007
My Cars: Citroen C5 2004 facelift 2,0 HDI Exclusive Break RNEG radio

Replace RT3 to RNEG - problems

Post by SHAKAL007 »

good day to all
I am the owner of the Citroen C5 facelift 2004 2.0 HDI Break Exclusive with radio RT3 ( CAN version 6,63) and JBL amplifier and speaker system.

I decided to change the radio from RT3 to RNEG for several reasons, mainly because I wanted to continue to use navigation with current maps (although from BMW), I also wanted bluetooth and other minor improvements. So I bought a Harmann Becker BE 6424 radio (1.5 din) and installed it.
I used the original cabling from BSI to the radio cube for the installation, to which I connected the bluetooth module ( https://allegro.pl/oferta/adapter-modul ... 0410750387 ) and the radio to it. Of course, I also bought a display with the radio (both from a Peugeot 407) and a cable between the radio and the display. I also modified the cable to the display, so the display works for me without any problems. I bought the original antenna cabling for a long time, including the end boxes (unfortunately I still have poor reception because I have not set the active antenna power supply).

But to my problem. My problem is the sound output, ie from the radio, cd charger or phone, I do not hear any sound even if the sound settings slider increases or decreases the volume. Does anyone have any trick to use by moving the pins or via diagnostics to make the sound work? Many thanks to everyone for your help
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Replace RT3 to RNEG - problems

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I suspect you will find it is an incompatibility between the Amplifier. The Amplifier has a Comfort CAN connection from the BSI to the Amplifier module which then outputs the sound. If your amp is not getting the correct signals then it won't output anything.

I know this modification is possible on a C5 MK II with full CAN system with the correct electrical adapter harness, but the conversion I am aware of does not include the Amplifier as part of it.

Either that, or you need to check your configuration of the equipment with Diagbox.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
SHAKAL007

Post by SHAKAL007 »

Thanks for information, yes with help of diagnostic Lexia I can configure system. I test another amplifier from car Peugeot 405 but the result was similar so unfortunately no sound. I'll try to reconfigure the BSI settings next weekend and get back to you. Out of the weekends, I'm busy driving a truck around Europe.

I'll ask, there's no way to change the pins in the radio or BSI cube or directly on the amplifier, so you don't know of any such options? Then it occurs to me to try an amplifier directly for the Citroen c5 X7, prices are no longer high today, so it would not be a problem in this regard. Thanks again for the comprehensive information
Amine1ouri
My Cars: citroen c5, citroen c4

Post by Amine1ouri »

I think you have a classic amplifier, you need to rewire the remote cable to a +12V to get the sound, the RT3 has the remote output in the quadlock part C pin 11, when you turn on the radio, it sends a +12V to trigger the amplifier.

but the RNEG doesnt have the remote output, you need to turn on the amplifier manually.

So you need to take a wire from the radio quadlock PIN 11 part C to a +12V.

for example you can try to take it to a +CAN (BSI 10 WAY BLACK CONNECTOR PIN 6) and try if it works.
SHAKAL007

Post by SHAKAL007 »

Thanks for the info, I'll try the connection on the weekend
SHAKAL007

Post by SHAKAL007 »

Thank you all

So the problem was solved according to the instructions with the connection to the black connector on pin 6. I just had to change the configuration in the radio, so instead of a multiplex amplifier I had to set it to a standard amplifier. There was a problem with the volume control, which I managed to solve in this way

Now I just have to solve the problem with antennas and poor reception
Amine1ouri

Post by Amine1ouri »

could you tell me where did you take the remote wire ? pin 6 in which compartiemnt ?
SHAKAL007

Post by SHAKAL007 »

I took the connection in the fuse box under the steering wheel, there are two sockets next to each other, white and black, and from that black I took the cable from pin 6 and connected it to the radio cube on pin 11 in A part (there are 4 x 4 pins to the speakers and further control)
SHAKAL007

Post by SHAKAL007 »

Attachments
IMG_20220403_082219.jpg
IMG_20220403_082210.jpg
SHAKAL007

Post by SHAKAL007 »

and for full bluetooth connection i used this module

https://allegro.pl/oferta/adapter-modul ... 9302258085
Amine1ouri

Post by Amine1ouri »

Thank you,

Do you have a knocking sound when you turn on the rneg ? Or when you unlock the car ?
SHAKAL007

Post by SHAKAL007 »

I don't hear knocking or any other disturbing sound, the radio turns on automatically after turning the key in the ignition and it turns on classically first with the Citroen symbol and then turns on
SHAKAL007

Post by SHAKAL007 »

And I have one more problem, with the radio I also installed two branches of antennas, i.e. AM/FM1 and FM2, in the Lexi diagnostics I set both branches and active power supply for both branches. The problem is that the AM/FM1 branch of the radio (even the second one bought for testing) reports no power and thus an error. Since both radios do it (with the latest firmware version), I tried separate antennas without a cable, but the error remains. I assume that only one branch can be powered and the other should be without power or is it some internal radio error? When I disconnect the FM2 antenna (which is powered) my reception of the radio signal deteriorates a lot. But the power supply remains the same, so AM/FM 1 without power