DS5 Circuit Fault

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DropThePuck

DS5 Circuit Fault

Post by DropThePuck »

Hello. Thank you for letting me join the forum.
I have a 2016 DS5 that has recently started showing the Circuit Fault error message with a graphic of the battery. Went to local garage who said battery had 5% health left, so replaced the battery with new 096 AGM.
Fault still appearing at ignition, but car starts and runs fine, including stop/start, apart from the service light staying on. Plugging into OBD2 reader shows no faults.
I think previous owner may have had issues, as glove box fuse area is a mess, and the insulation by the battery in the engine compartment looks a bit "abused".
So, does anyone have any thoughts on this? I am thinking possibly the battery management panel on top of the battery. I have removed, cleaned and replaced all fuses on this along with the connectors going to it. It looks like a relay on the front of it that does not click, so perhaps that? I have a "platinum" extended warranty, but no one seems interested to take it on.
Just a bit frustrated.
Many thanks.
Attachments
20211102_182238.jpg
20211109_081148.jpg
20211024_154232.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DS5 Circuit Fault

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Sometimes the electrical circuit specifically the Battery Charge Status Unit, can take a few hours to register the new battery and its health status.

If you can leave the car locked and uninterrupted (i.e. don't unlock it again) for 2-3 hours as it generally needs this amount of time for the Stop Start systems to calibrate when a new battery is replaced / to register the new battery and start operation again (assuming all the other factors are pre-requisites are present).

If there is a fault your generic OBD II reader won't cut the mustard with these cars. it need a proper diagnostic tool like Diagbox to be able to read the manufacturer-specific faults that general OBD II code readers can't do.
DropThePuck

Post by DropThePuck »

Thanks for your response. The battery was fitted two weeks ago, waiting about 45 mins after reconnecting before restarting. I have disconnected the battery a couple of times since, but cannot be certain that I waited 3 hours after reconnecting.
Would a disconnect for 30 mins, followed by an overnight wait be a good idea? The car was never programmed to say it has a new battery two weeks ago. I had to do that with my old BMW, but read not necessary with the 5.
Many thanks.
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

What is the red/black wire for in the fuse box (2nd pic)?
Doesn't look original.
DropThePuck

Post by DropThePuck »

wheeler wrote:
11 Nov 2021, 20:30
What is the red/black wire for in the fuse box (2nd pic)?
Doesn't look original.
That shouldn't be there. I had hardwired my dashcam into the fusebox with a saddle connector. I had just disconnected it to see if that was causing the problem.