Fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Georgeoldfield83

Fault

Post by Georgeoldfield83 »

Citreom c4 grand picasso 2015 keeps coming up with electrical circuit fault repair now, jas anybody got any ideas
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Fault

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi, not really, not without a diagnostic being done - electrical errors can be any multitude of issues, so a proper diagnostic with modern cars is really essential these days to get some pointers.
Georgeoldfield83

Post by Georgeoldfield83 »

Thank you I had a battery swap at halfords yesterday and asked them if they had programed the car to the battery. They said you didn't need to, after a bit of back and to they put it on the computer and it has 3 faults.

B1624 supplies protection and management unit central Power switch positive relay status fault

B162C accessories positive relay control and status not coherent

C1406 engine or power steering calculator overtemperature not characterised

I think it will need to go to the main dealer
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

B1624 has 2 more numbers after the main fault - these determine whether the relay fault is because it is open or closed. But in either case the relays are the issue.

As for the power steering fault - this is due to an overheating condition of either the Power Steering ECU or the Power Steering Motor. Whilst this fault is active PS assistance can be reduced by 60%. So you may experience it being stiffer to turn.

I would first get the relays looked at as there may be a lack of power getting to the PS ECU as a result of a knock on effect and it trying to work harder on reduced power...
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

Has the issue only started after replacement of the battery?
Did they try to erase the fault codes?